Author Topic: Hebridian II  (Read 9922 times)

Offline Ginger Nut

Hebridian II
« on: October 10, 2014, 05:15:02 PM »
Thought since its very close to being finished I show what I have been doing instead of metal work. Its a long story but has to do with the Restoration of the other spinning wheel 4 yrs 9 months and lots of other projects done in between.. LOML is smiling as she can see it is close.......no she has 3 other wheel so plenty spinning still happening I didn't make any of those 3.

Still much to do in finishing it off yet. True out rim of the wheel, make connecting rod for footman to wheel, thread flyer shaft and whorls, tighten and final finish application.

Offline micktoon

Re: Hebridian II
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 06:17:45 PM »
Looking good , I have a few projects that seem to have taken that long...........funny how things just go on the back burner and next thing you know a year has passed  :bugeye:

Cheers Mick

Offline Ginger Nut

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 10:28:40 PM »
Well she is all finished to assembly and test stage some minor adjustments and final sand and oil finish to apply and I'll have my bench back and move on to more serious woodturning and even more importantly Metal projects.

Offline micktoon

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 03:33:45 AM »
That's a lovely job GN  :drool: areal work of art, well done. I would imagine you will have earned enough brownie points for making her that to vanish into your shed doing metalwork for as long as you want  :thumbup:
  What types of wood have you used, I see some that looks like beech ?

Cheers Mick

Offline S. Heslop

• Newcastle Upon Tyne
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 05:53:54 AM »
That's really neat looking. Good work!

Offline vtsteam

• Global Moderator
  • Republic of Vermont
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 09:48:23 AM »
Well that looks very fine, Ginger Nut!  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :beer:
I love it when a Plan B comes together!
Steve
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sDubB0-REg

Offline Ginger Nut

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2015, 06:35:54 AM »
That's a lovely job GN  :drool: areal work of art, well done. I would imagine you will have earned enough brownie points for making her that to vanish into your shed doing metalwork for as long as you want  :thumbup:
  What types of wood have you used, I see some that looks like beech ?

Cheers Mick

Thanks Mick, I am hoping so but have an order for another required weaving tool a warping board a quick one this one four bits of timber and a doz dowels how hard can it be eh  :doh: My timber merchant forgot to load the material on his truck.  :Doh:

Beech gee's and you're a Pom  :lol: only Beech is either side of the Hub.  The rest is all English Oak for full story and more pics http://woolnwood.blogspot.com.au/2015/03/hebridian-ii-finally-finished.html

Offline Ginger Nut

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2015, 06:36:52 AM »

Offline Meldonmech

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2015, 09:35:12 AM »

Hi Ginger, what an interesting build log, culminating in a most most Handsome Hebridian II.

Well Done
                                                                             Cheers David

Offline Ginger Nut

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2015, 03:08:18 AM »

Hi Ginger, what an interesting build log, culminating in a most most Handsome Hebridian II.

Well Done
                                                                             Cheers David

Thanks Dave.

As of two days ago LOML had a fall and broke her right wrist not a serious break if thats possible. She has tested and started some spinning though loves the fact the ratios are drawing the fibre in so fine. I do need to make a large whorle as she will need to spin thicker also.

Offline Meldonmech

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2015, 05:21:52 AM »

Ginger sorry to hear the LOYL's accident and hope she soon recovers.

Cheers David

Offline Ginger Nut

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2015, 02:00:26 AM »

Ginger sorry to hear the LOYL's accident and hope she soon recovers.

Cheers David

Thanks David she isn't doing to bad unlike her friend who did similar but worse in breaking her wrist. Sue and I have today tackled some house work together.