And that's the shelves finished, I suppose since I've given up on the drawers for now. They're screwed down with two screws to hopefully prevent it from tipping forwards (although it doesn't want to tip forwards on its own, but the center of gravity is pretty high and forwards).
I'm pretty pleased with it, over all. It sure reduces the clutter on the desk surface. The stuff on the desk at the moment is tools to go back downstairs and some crap to throw out.
Although one huge problem I should've realised would happen is that the oscilloscope is really high up. It's a stretch to reach the highest knobs. If this becomes too big a problem I suppose I could modify the shelves, something like below.
Although that's a little ugly.
- Don't use dowels if both holes need to be blind.
- Don't rely on CAD too much, things turn out bigger than they look on screen.
- I'll need a bigger tablesaw if i'm ever going to try make something from panels again.
- Spray lacquer is expensive!
- Iron-on edgebanding works surprisingly well despite it's bad reputation. Maybe the manufacturer makes a big difference.
- No such thing as a quick project.
Thanks for the encouragement!
Also, I went with building a geet hexagon clamping jig instead of using some sort of band clamp, since I've got alot of hexagons to make.