Author Topic: TouchDRO on a mini lathe  (Read 18931 times)

Offline BaronJ

• Grumpy Old Git !
Re: TouchDRO on a mini lathe
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2014, 04:04:09 PM »
Hi Abraham,

I will PM you.

Arbalist,
I've not noticed any delay in the readout of my "Igaging" scales in use, only the problems of electrical noise mentioned earlier.  But I do agree about some digital calipers.  I have one that came from a trader at the Harrogate MEE, and that has a definite lag.  Having said that it is very repeatable.  If I measure a 25 mm standard it always gives me the same reading +/- a couple of tenths.

Best Regards:
                     Baron

Offline Arbalist

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2014, 05:05:25 PM »
That's good to hear about the Igaging scales, thanks.

Offline Jonny

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2014, 07:07:39 PM »
Interesting Arbalist I used to occasionally have that problem with the cheap vernier type scales. It was more a case of getting any reading out of them or some spurious readings.
Readout from Warco used to drain the batteries in 2 days until figured remove after use or unplug the scale cabling which will wreck the contacts sooner or later.

Whilst I think of it OP X axis on lathe is the way did Y axis on last mill and the proper way of attaching the reader rather than using the crap supplied bracket. All I will say is debris will find its way in to seemingly impossible places giving no warning of packing up. All three packed up totally within two months wasting £315 back in 1999. X cheap scale £110 in that, others £25 and £30 each plus readout £150.
Newer bigger mill full on 3 axis glass Sino scales and 3 axis readout delivered £452 from MDRO prices have gone up since.
Current lathe 2 magnetic scales and one X axis glass with 3 axis readout I think was £620 to 650?

Offline modeldozer

• Valencia, Spain
    • AJ´s Truckmodeling
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2014, 05:52:47 AM »
Hi Arbalist,

With the scales I am using I do not get any delay.  Am planind to put scales on the milling machine, but will go for glass scales.

Abraham