Author Topic: Hello there  (Read 3261 times)

Offline howsitwork?

Hello there
« on: February 17, 2015, 06:28:05 PM »
Greetings from North Yorkshire.

Having found this fascinating site from a mention elsewhere I see quite a few respected names posting wisdom so wanted to join.

Hope eventually to complete a 5" Speedy, ( it's still there untouched Jack !) but currently revamping a 3 1/2" Tich given by my generous uncle!

Got a Boxford AUD and an Alexander master tool maker to play with, spend more time currently making things to make things etc. But keeps me happy !

Hope to put up pics when I persuade the digital camera to work with Windows 8.1 What sort of resolution works best on  here please?

Offline John Rudd

Re: Hello there
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 06:39:02 PM »
Howsit,
Welcome....I'm from the same area ....good that you joined us, were a friendly bunch happy to help where we can...
What's an Alexander?

We love pictures once you are sorted

:worthless:
eccentric millionaire financed by 'er indoors

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 07:25:42 PM »
Greetings from North Yorkshire.

Having found this fascinating site from a mention elsewhere I see quite a few respected names posting wisdom so wanted to join.

Hope eventually to complete a 5" Speedy, ( it's still there untouched Jack !) but currently revamping a 3 1/2" Tich given by my generous uncle!

Got a Boxford AUD and an Alexander master tool maker to play with, spend more time currently making things to make things etc. But keeps me happy !

Hope to put up pics when I persuade the digital camera to work with Windows 8.1 What sort of resolution works best on  here please?

howsitwork

If you can post pictures at 800 x 600 that is the best for the forum.

Welcome to MadModders. We look forward to hearing more about your shop and your participation in the forum.   :D :D

Cheers  :beer:

Don

Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline vtsteam

• Global Moderator
  • Republic of Vermont
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 09:15:31 PM »
Howdy Howsitwork!  :beer:
I love it when a Plan B comes together!
Steve
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sDubB0-REg

Offline krv3000

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 04:32:55 PM »
hi and welcume

Offline howsitwork?

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 04:57:35 PM »
Thanks for the welcome and for the info on pictures.

Whats an Alexander- a British copy of a Deckel FP1 / FP2 universal milling machine.

I ain't got the high speed head or slotting head (yet) but it is a very versatile machine.

Only drawback is the swiveling table ( 360 swing) can vibrate a bit with intermittent cuts . Oh and I'm cack handed have broken cutters by engaging autofeed in mistake! Entirely self inflicted breaks but doen't make me feel any better about it!