Author Topic: Chuch backplate from castor  (Read 4200 times)

Offline petertheterrible

Chuch backplate from castor
« on: March 12, 2015, 02:04:19 PM »
Here is a ml7 backplate I made out of a cast iron castor.  The wheel had a bald spot, so not reusable but repurposable.  The other photo shows a chuck still needing a mounting method for my ward lathe, the vinier is the 150mm variety.  Chuck is of a ward 7 but the datum is  a bit small for my ds.  Don't mind it being rusty, lying on a dirty floor with water coming out of it, it will soon look better.
Terrible by name, worse by profession.

Offline petertheterrible

Re: Chuch backplate from castor
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 02:12:47 PM »
A bearing chuck made from a worn bolt, not to well made, but works well.  I was in a hurry.

Second pic is a mt3 reducer next to a homemade taper, still have to see what type it is, also made in a hurry.  Made from mild steel as a temporary tool for holding center drills.

Offline petertheterrible

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 02:19:59 PM »
Some odds and ends for the ward lathe, including two roller-boxes, a four jaw and three jaw chuck, a few collets and a collet nose.  They are disassembled, nearly everything but the chucks were rusted fast and needed heat treatment, they spent a couple of years outside emanating rocks.  Will need to make some parts that are beyond repair or broke during disassembly.

Offline petertheterrible

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 02:25:41 PM »
A Petter PH head torquing tool, the original was stolen, this one seems to work well as access to head bolts are somewhat restricted, actually similar to original.  It is stiff enough as torque precise torque isn't that great of an issue on Petter's, for one the possibility of over torquing decreases.