Author Topic: $15 ebay Snake Cam, cnc hole centering for Mach3 w-mount.  (Read 5690 times)

Offline Dawai

$15 ebay Snake Cam, cnc hole centering for Mach3 w-mount.
« on: March 15, 2015, 10:34:09 AM »
I first came up with one of these around 2001 (I really don't know or care if I invented it), Art incorporated it into Mach3 later.  Mucho better than my constant crashing one I was using a robo-vision driver for Visual basic 6. (I still suck as a programmer)

I printed it on the 3d plastic printer in PLA, created the model in Cubify Design 3d, exported it as a STL file, then printed it (twice, first time was too small so I had to reprint at 1.03% size)

Working great, I bought the snake inspection camera off ebay for $14.95 US Dollars (sent to China) Has a LED intensity knob there on the USB plug.. not perfect.. but nice.. A better design would have air purge to keep the lens clean.. and a laser cross-hair.. and a edgefinder made in.. and..

FORUM WOULD not let me share the Stl, you can email me for it if you want.. it is simple, a block, 7.83 metric hole on one end and a .5 SAE hole on other end for the chuck dowel. A slot for the cable to come out.
I Hung a 24 foot Ibeam this morning in the ceiling by myself, programmed a Arduino this afternoon for a solar project, Helped a buddy out with a electrical motor connection issue on the phone, then cut up a chicken for Hotwings. I'd say it has been a "blessed day" for myself and all those around me.

Offline vtsteam

• Global Moderator
  • Republic of Vermont
Re: $15 ebay Snake Cam, cnc hole centering for Mach3 w-mount.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 11:18:34 AM »
FORUM WOULD not let me share the Stl

Oh baloney! :doh: Zip it. Saves space.

I use that camera to check inside my boiler.
I love it when a Plan B comes together!
Steve
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sDubB0-REg

Offline Dawai

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 01:12:54 PM »
Yeah, some repository somewhere.. 

I'm having some issues today, Damn Sketchup will not translate into a STL like it used to.

Baloney? ever had Barbeque baloney?? it does not taste like eyeballs, eyelids, anymore.. just barbeque.. and barbeque chicken gizzards boiled in Coke-cola till they are tender?? then put into barbeque sauce, tender lil morsels..

Lately everything I do turns into a octopus with 8 boxing gloves that whips the **** out of me..  I need to light the grille and cook something.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 02:20:49 PM by vtsteam »
I Hung a 24 foot Ibeam this morning in the ceiling by myself, programmed a Arduino this afternoon for a solar project, Helped a buddy out with a electrical motor connection issue on the phone, then cut up a chicken for Hotwings. I'd say it has been a "blessed day" for myself and all those around me.

Offline vtsteam

• Global Moderator
  • Republic of Vermont
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 02:24:56 PM »
I mean if you want to atach an STL file on the forum zip it first, then attach it. True of just about any forum not devoted to STLs. And true of hundreds of other file formats.

Meanwhile all caps mean shouting on the Internet, and I've removed the a-word from your last post. Behave.
Steve

Offline Dawai

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 10:55:19 AM »
Sir, you set the rules here. I abide by them the best I can, I finally learned to reduce the size of my photos..

All Caps means "emotional content" drawing emphasis on the words, thou in some chats it does mean LOUD voices..  In Government all caps Denotes a "corporation".   That is "how your name is written on Warrants and lawsuits".

I was referring to the "portions" cooked up in Hotdogs, Bologna, and other waste meat cooked till a lovely grey mush, then dyed to a pink color and put into skins to form.  It is wonderful to work in close proximity to a steam pot, cooking about 100,000 gallons of mush.  I much prefer to field dress a deer, or cow, or..

« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 12:18:08 PM by vtsteam »

Offline vtsteam

• Global Moderator
  • Republic of Vermont
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 12:19:09 PM »
Political rant removed. You're 2 for 3 Dawai.
Steve