Author Topic: Been playing  (Read 2249 times)

Offline rotorhead

Been playing
« on: April 05, 2015, 10:13:24 AM »
Now then Lads,

At home looking after wife, she's a lot better now, so had a bit of playpen time.

Want to grind the jaws on my homemade griptru, to be sure they're all pointing in the same direction.

However, the uni-vice I wanted to use didn't have enough reach, so I set about fettling a brand new one, of which quality was a lot to be desired.

So I wanted something substantially fixed on the miller table, to let the vice grip by its jaws in the correct orientation, came across a lump that needed skimming...

Anyway, I ended up being showered with hot blue curly things, having considered for years and years about having a fixed viewing screen, I looked around and several previously made items jumped out at me.

I had a bit of scratched Plexiglas, which was going to get a lot more scratched and probably burnt/melted due to swarf, I proceeded to conjure up several ideas.

Having earlier needed to adapt a clamp system on the miller for my dial gauges, and found a few of the same type, realized they would be viable in the pictures that follow, they also visually describe the construction.....
Chris
Sunny Scunny,
North Lincolnshire.