Author Topic: DTI service  (Read 4703 times)

Offline Bigbadbugga

• Whiston (nr Liverpool)
DTI service
« on: August 02, 2015, 07:55:40 PM »
Hi guys, I bought a little federal dti today at a car show, it was £4 and I wasn't leaving it there for that price :)

Thing is, it's a little sticky, in that it doesn't return all the way back to zero smoothly. But rather goes back to a few marks before and then creeps over the course of a few seconds. If you tap the dial gently it will go back faster.

Do you guys think this is just dirty? Is it a diy fix or should I get it professionally serviced?

It's quite sensitive at .002mm :)

Tools: Boxford CSB lathe, Chester 20v mill, Portamig 185. Lots of ideas, No motivation.

Offline Pete W.

Re: DTI service
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 04:29:55 AM »
Sounds like a job for Bob.
Best regards,

Pete W.

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, you haven't seen the latest design change-note!

Offline Bigbadbugga

• Whiston (nr Liverpool)
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 10:02:33 AM »
Sounds like a job for Bob.

Is bob, krv3000?

It was he who I hoped might be of some help  :bow:
Tools: Boxford CSB lathe, Chester 20v mill, Portamig 185. Lots of ideas, No motivation.

Offline trapper

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 11:41:15 AM »
Take the back off spray it with WD40 job done

Offline krv3000

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 05:39:30 PM »
hi yep im bob and no don't give it a blast with wd 40 this will only make things worse the mane problem with all d.t.i's is they have a hard life the problem will be muck entering the works it ant hard to dismantle it to clean and  the resin for not giving it a blast of wd 40 1 wd ant a proper oil for the movement 2 wd can remove the letering  of the dile   if you wish you can post to me and I can service it for you all you will have to do is pay for the postage 

Offline Bigbadbugga

• Whiston (nr Liverpool)
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 05:41:59 PM »
hi yep im bob and no don't give it a blast with wd 40 this will only make things worse the mane problem with all d.t.i's is they have a hard life the problem will be muck entering the works it ant hard to dismantle it to clean and  the resin for not giving it a blast of wd 40 1 wd ant a proper oil for the movement 2 wd can remove the letering  of the dile   if you wish you can post to me and I can service it for you all you will have to do is pay for the postage

thats a kind offer.

PM on its way.  :nrocks:

Offline krv3000

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 05:43:52 PM »
ok

Offline krv3000

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 05:55:19 PM »
hi pm sent

Offline Bigbadbugga

• Whiston (nr Liverpool)
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2015, 11:40:58 AM »

Bob, Its posted today, return post paid, just stick it in the addressed jiffy bag and hand it in at the post office.

thanks again, I really do appreciate the help.

Offline krv3000

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2015, 06:01:22 PM »
hi no problem will do a post on it  :)