Author Topic: Shop materials- shelf life  (Read 4229 times)

Offline John Rudd

Shop materials- shelf life
« on: September 16, 2015, 08:09:35 AM »
Discovered today that my 250 ml bottle of Gorilla  glue has gone off..... :doh:
This P.U glue is superb to use and is extremely strong for that reason I bought a reasonably large bottle......so that was my first mistake...

I bought some foam safe cyano for model building and its use on Depron, came to use some just the other day.....another 2 bottles consigned to the bin....

2 lots of epoxy resin/harder, stored up in the loft for future use....more bin fodder...

The morale here is dont buy more than you need for the immediate useage...as Ive discovered its false economy.... :coffee:
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 08:47:22 AM by John Rudd »
eccentric millionaire financed by 'er indoors

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
Re: Shop materials- shelf life
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 09:17:02 AM »
Workshop chest freezer called for  :clap:

Store all those sort of things at extremely low temperatures and their shelf life is almost infinite. Superglue stored in the domestic freezer is a case in point  :thumbup:
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline John Rudd

Re: Shop materials- shelf life
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 09:27:28 AM »
Andrew,
Alread knew about the fridge bit....I have a beer fridge in the garage/workshop for keeping my beer cyano in...but it still goes off  ( the beer doesnt seem to last too long either ) and we have a freezer there too....for storing frozen produce, would you believe.... :lol:
Ah, just noticed you said store in freezer....hmm might try that...with my superglue...
eccentric millionaire financed by 'er indoors