Author Topic: what is this tool for?  (Read 2964 times)

Offline stirling lad

• Stirling Scotland
what is this tool for?
« on: October 03, 2015, 05:59:52 PM »
Ive had this little thing kicking about for years now and I had no idea what it was for until recently when I spotted another and an explanation of what it done,,  but for the life of me I can't remember now,,It looked to me as if someone had just pressed it together from 2 types of tap to get round a problem but apparently not,,,can someone enlighten me again please :scratch:
...mike..

Offline shipto

• Redditch, UK
Re: what is this tool for?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 06:05:52 PM »
tyre valve tool?
Turns out this life c**p is just one big distraction from death but a good one. For the love of god dont give yourself time to think.
https://myshedblog.wordpress.com/

Offline sparky961

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2015, 06:11:27 PM »
Definitely a valve stem tool.

You can remove/install the core with the small slotted end, and I think the one that threads on allows you to pull a new stem through the rim when installing it.

Offline stirling lad

• Stirling Scotland
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 07:06:52 PM »
Ahhh! yes,,   I had remembered something about tyres but I thought I  was getting mixed up..its been bugging me for a few days now but thanks to the madmodder think tank I can now investigate just how its used..
thanks Shipto and Sparky.. :thumbup: :clap:

...m...

Offline shipto

• Redditch, UK
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 04:14:53 PM »
one end tightens and releases the valve assembly itself while the other cleans the internal threads and the final bit cleans the outer thread and may have a pin inside to release the air out of the tyre prior to removing the valve assembly.
At least thats what i seem to remember about them.
Turns out this life c**p is just one big distraction from death but a good one. For the love of god dont give yourself time to think.
https://myshedblog.wordpress.com/