Author Topic: Vermont hike  (Read 1847 times)

Offline vtsteam

• Global Moderator
  • Republic of Vermont
Vermont hike
« on: October 14, 2015, 09:38:01 AM »
Just wanted to post a couple of pictures from a hike I took with the fourth grade kids from our little grammar school yesterday. We went up what's called the pinnacle trail locally. after an hour of climbing the trail we had a view of the west that went for miles (though the furthest distant mountains were hidden in mist). It was amazing to see the millions of trees in every direction, mountains as far as you could see, and no houses or signs of civilization at this distance.

It was an overcast day, but the trees lit up the forest under the canopy in bright yellows anyway. The kids collected different kinds of leaves for identification -- black, yellow, and white birch, beech; red, white and striped maple, red and white oak, hop hawthorn, ash, cottonwood. And acorns and beech nut burrs. it was a great day for all, and pretty good exercise for us older folks, to say the least!

I love it when a Plan B comes together!
Steve
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sDubB0-REg

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
Re: Vermont hike
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 10:17:44 AM »
Very nice Steve, marvellous scenery that you have there on your doorstep.

I'm afraid that an hours walk is about all I dare do these days without paying the price for the next week  :bugeye:
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline John Rudd

Re: Vermont hike
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 10:28:55 AM »
Stayed a couple of nights in Vermont two years ago....Booked into the Commodores Inn....visited Ben and Jerry's ice cream factory for a bit of fun.....but a very colorful area...

I'd love to go back again, its a nice enjoyable part of the states away from the hustle and bustle of Disney.... :coffee:
eccentric millionaire financed by 'er indoors