Author Topic: snap gage fix  (Read 2847 times)

Offline krv3000

snap gage fix
« on: November 08, 2015, 06:13:59 PM »
part two I got of john a set of snap gages but one was in bits with two bits missing a plunger end and a brass spring gide I made a new spring gide out of 2mm D.I rod this will form the head then filed the shank dawn to 1.4mm to fit in to the spring then the plunger I made this out of stanles steel as I can polish this to a good finish sos as before not many pics once drilled to 3.8mm for the other plunger to slide in to I then turned the out side diameter to fit the snap gage body witch was 8.2mm I then had to make a slot in it 2.3mm wide by 8mm long so marked out the plunger and drilled two 2mm holes one ether end of the slot then with a file joined the two up and all dun right pics         

Offline rotorhead

Re: snap gage fix
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 06:56:01 PM »
Hi Bob,

Is there nowt you can't fix, I really admire your tenacity with things instrumental.
Chris
Sunny Scunny,
North Lincolnshire.

Offline sparky961

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 07:26:07 PM »
Is it just the lighting or different parts?  The first couple of pictures look brass or plated brass and the last few look steel or chromed.

I've always wondered exactly what the mechanisms inside the telescoping gauges looked like.

Offline krv3000

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 07:58:57 PM »
hi sparky its the camera its on its way out its taking pics with a yellow tint to them