The Shop > Electronics & IC Programing

Digital oscilloscope project/kit

(1/70) > >>

RobWilson:
Hi Lads

Being that time of year AGAIN when the nights are dark and cold I thought I would have a go at doing a bit electronics , still lots to learn lol ,any way I bought one of those wee oscilloscope projects ,I think mine is a knock off , any way it was fun to put together and it works .  :bugeye:

Trace is noisy ,but it was only £15 delivered  :coffee:

Rob

John Rudd:
Looks very good Rob...  :thumbup:
Got a link for where you bougt it?

Might get one meself...

RobWilson:
Here you go mate http://www.banggood.com/DSO138-DIY-Digital-Oscilloscope-Kit-Electronic-Learning-Kit-p-969762.html      , Banggood   :Doh:

I think you can get them off of ebay too :thumbup:

Rob

PekkaNF:
That looks pretty good.

No surface mounts to solder as I see?

Did you use all components from the kit? Is there immediate need to change, I'm pretty suspicious of the electrolytes and switches at that price range.

Are you going to mount it on anything or just save the hassle and use as it is?

Thanks for sharing.

OT:
 I have been thinking of buying an entry level digital scope, but haven't decided even price/speck range. There is always something I can imagine that cheap one would not do, but often the simplest will do.

Most often I'll measure few mV signals under 10 Mhz, but pretrigger would be nice. Almost as often I'll measure line voltage power supplies 240 or 400 AC and often "memory" and 2-4 channels would be nice, but triggering is fairly basic.

That would not do anything that well, but because it's so cheap it could do may things and even rigged for a specials.

Pekka

RobWilson:
Hi Pekka

--- Quote ---No surface mounts to solder as I see?
--- End quote ---

It depends on what kit comes ,some dont have the SMD soldered .

--- Quote ---Did you use all components from the kit? Is there immediate need to change, I'm pretty suspicious of the electrolytes and switches at that price range.
--- End quote ---

I used all the components and hardware that came with the kit , I did test each part/component before soldering to the board , as the instructions advised to do . all was good.

--- Quote ---Are you going to mount it on anything or just save the hassle and use as it is?
--- End quote ---

I am undecided on what to do at the moment , if I had a 3DP I would have a go at printing a case for it , but I don't as yet so I  may make a wee stand for it ,more to give it mass so the leads dont pull it around the bench.

Rob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version