Gallery, Projects and General > Project Logs

Cnc minimill

(1/9) > >>

chipenter:
Some 18 monthe ago I bought a microscope plotter at a boot fair , presision instrument but the head could be lifted and wobled , then on ebay I bought a Arduino 3d reprap board and 5 stepper drivers , so now to mod the head to make it firm enugh for a mill  200mm X 100m X 100m .

chipenter:
First job was to mill a groove in the cast iron body , then fit some small bearings on excentrics , turned down the X leadscrew and fitted bearings , made a dummy for the Y leadscrew to clock off and milled a groove in the bronze X table and some more bearings .

RotarySMP:
Nice bit of recycling

Mark

chipenter:
The Arduino arrived last week I found easy cnc on the nett , dowloaded then it wanted firmware and that needed processing and was written in Java , my computer is 32 bit XP Java does not run on 32 bit and no support anymore , back to square one Makersmith do a cnc that runs but can't see the encoders as there is no pins defined so far , just got to find how to do that to test everything .

SteveT:
Nice project looking forward to seeing the end results.
I use Linuxcnc http://www.linuxcnc.org/ running on Debian to drive my CNC mill it works a treat and is free; also will run on a old computer with no problems.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version