The Shop > Wood & Stuff

Cedar Strip Kayak

<< < (2/5) > >>

Pete49:
Lew I can just imagine the looks on the faces when you told that story. Funny how even staid peoples minds just jump into the gutter. :D
Pete

Lew_Merrick_PE:

--- Quote from: Pete49 on January 06, 2016, 07:37:38 PM ---Lew I can just imagine the looks on the faces when you told that story. Funny how even staid peoples minds just jump into the gutter.
--- End quote ---

Back in the 90's I developed a special (rifle) scopemount system for our Special Operation's longshooters.  These are guys who can (95+% of the time) shatter an 8 inch dinner plate from 6000 m.  Inside the spotting shed at one of the 6000 m ranges where these guys practice someone had carved, We endeavor to avoid having the motto of Ready, Fire, Aim!  The problem is that I regularly work for outfits who's motto is ready, fire, aim...

Spurry:

--- Quote from: Lew_Merrick_PE on January 07, 2016, 12:26:09 AM --- These are guys who can (95+% of the time) shatter an 8 inch dinner plate from 6000 m.
--- End quote ---

Can I ask what sort of gun they were using? I had thought the Barratt was one of the best with a range of 1800m. :scratch:
Pete

Lew_Merrick_PE:

--- Quote from: Spurry on January 07, 2016, 05:28:23 AM ---
--- Quote from: Lew_Merrick_PE on January 07, 2016, 12:26:09 AM --- These are guys who can (95+% of the time) shatter an 8 inch dinner plate from 6000 m.
--- End quote ---

Can I ask what sort of gun they were using? I had thought the Barratt was one of the best with a range of 1800m. :scratch:
Pete
--- End quote ---

No, I cannot comment further.

joshagrady:

--- Quote from: Lew_Merrick_PE on January 07, 2016, 11:15:35 AM ---
--- Quote from: Spurry on January 07, 2016, 05:28:23 AM ---
--- End quote ---

Pete
--- End quote ---

No, I cannot comment further.

--- End quote ---

Can you at least tell us what they have against dinner plates?   :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version