Author Topic: New member from Kettering UK  (Read 3082 times)

Offline kettrinboy

• Kettering , Northants
New member from Kettering UK
« on: January 12, 2016, 10:46:06 AM »
Hi guys
my names Geoff and have just found this forum , i,m into model engineering mainly engines of the hot air and IC variety at the moment but may do a steam engine in the future and I also like making the odd mod for my motorbike and cycles  , ive got a 1963 Harrison L5 lathe and a Dore Westbury MK1 mill and some other machines , in fact it was a link to a refurbishment of a Harrison L5 on here that made me aware of this site , i,m a 4yr apprenticeship trained (remember them) machinist and have worked as a precision engineer since i left school so have been there and done that for most machining tasks but you can always learn something new and perhaps help somebody else out with a problem.
regards Geoff
Just had it in me hand a minute ago....now where the bloody hell is it !!

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
Re: New member from Kettering UK
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 11:28:30 AM »
Welcome aboard Geoff  :thumbup:

Tell us all about your projects - pictures are good - we like pictures. Best uploaded at 640 x 480 resolution to make them readable to all members.

If you pop into your profile and put your Kettering location in there and also in a line of 'Personal Text' saying the same it will show up in your posts.
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline saltbox alf

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 12:26:07 PM »
Hi and welcome, your not too far from AJS n Matchless HQ. Yes I remember apprentiships :hammer:
Rules:For the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men.

Offline krv3000

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 05:55:08 PM »
hi and welcume