Bit more progress
I tested the "new" 150 N gas strut, based on yesterdays calculations it is either on goldilocks or slightly marginal = needs testing.
I desiced to use the U-shape cable guard as a top arm. Looksed perfect and I drilled holes on other end - dang! not only askew close to 1 mm, but also way too far up to make it work, It would fit just outside the 25 mm RHS upright pipe, but the U-section does not allow any pivot, therefore I mounted it temporary interleaved, not outside of the upright.
Another blatant oversight was gas strut rod clevis pin palacement. I would not fit low eneough to give the full leverage. Any lower and it would interfere with lower arm or it's pin and if I would mount it on lowerr pin, I should open up a whole lot of the lover arm and then it would not be that stong structurally.
I'm using bolts as a pins on this prototype, but they will be centreless ground stock on the final model. Pin load is always a issue to check on this sort of levers.
One thing I learned from struts, they seem to have end cushion when mounted arse up. YouT says, that there is a little oil inside the cylinder.
Some things screwed, some things learned. Good day, alhough very little of visible progress.
I'm hesitant to go on cable/pulley road, have to draw choises.