I wasnt going to bother showing this but it seems to me its going to work so here it is.
After my posts about getting my casting sand issue sorted out I decided that my old coal furnace was far too much hassle to do on a regular basis so started looking up electric furnaces and found a few copies of Dave Gingery's lil bertha.
I already had most of the bits needed so decided to give it a go, the fire brick I had was salvaged from a fire proof safe I had to get open when someone at worked locked it without realising the key was lost years ago and it was all in bits which meant I had to cut and shape the 4 sides and cement it all together like 4 crazy paving fire bricks
The elements are from a dismantled convection heater and if I had been more confident I would have brought some slightly thicker nichrome wire but thats still a option.
I got the controller for a good price from ebay along with the SSR and a thermocouple which unfortunatly is only good for 400C so rs supplied me with some that are rated for 1100C, Actually got 2 sets of controllers etc so need a project for the second one now
so as it stands now I plug it into the supply and the power goes to the 24v transformer to feed the controller and the top switch which when on activates the isolating relay and allows power to go to the bottom element via the SSR the other 2 switches activate the second and third elements. When I first started it all was good so gradually raised the temp until the rcd tripped and at first I couldnt understand why then I felt the second layer of insulation and it was wet. I had let it dry for 3 days before starting it but it obviously wasnt enough so I am currently doing a naughty thing
I have taken the earth off and running it at 225C to dry it out. The voltage going to "ground is currently at 3.5VAC so it still has a little moisture there.