The Shop > Software Tools

Whay slicing program are you using?

(1/2) > >>

ddmckee54:
As a relative newbie to 3D printing, I've had my printer running for a little over 2 months now, I thought I'd see how big of an anthill I can kick over by asking which slicing program the rest of you are using.

I'm using the latest stable version of Slic3r and I like it, though it still gives me a severe beating occasionally.  While I was waiting for my 1st printer to be delivered, long story - suffice it to say Ebay agreed with me that I was getting screwed and refunded my money, I had time to play with both Cura and Slic3r by running print simulations of many 3D objects through both programs to compare them.  There's a number of places to download 3D models that won't cost you any ducets.  One thing that I did notice was that Cura would sometimes  - not always - miss the required support and try to start printing an object in mid-air, Slic3r didn't seem to have that problem.  That's my reason for choosing Slic3r, what are you running and why?

Don

Joules:
Simplify3D (commercial) I use it for business.  Second on my list is Cura, cut my teeth on it.

Joules

Pete49:
Cura DGO as it came with my kit printer. Now that its running better I'm looking to go to the latest version (not betta) of it if I can get the printer to run with it which I think I can as I now have the settings right   :poke:
Pete

picclock:
Hi ddmckee54
IMHO Cura 2.1 (beta). It has bugs but nothing that effects excellent GCode. Lots of bells and whistles like automatic structure support for overhangs (if ticked), wall option to prevent drafts warping plastic, and accurate size adjustment - not scaling but offset - so if your 10mm part is 10.3mm, and your 100mm part is 100.3mm you can take out that error.

Best Regards

picclock

geoff_s:
slic3r at the moment while I sort out a few issues with my Ord Hadron printer.
I plan to give Cura a try as I want to use Octoprint on a Raspberry Pi as a controller.

Geoff

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version