Gallery, Projects and General > Project Logs

home made mill

(1/23) > >>

krv3000:
hi all not posted much as I ant bin up to out but john got a X.Y table of a chap sos john did give me your name but I have forgotten it so back to the plot went looking on the bay and came a cross a emcomat 7 milling head all the way dawn the other end of the country  I won the bid so me and me friend  David went to pick it up set off at 6 in the morning got back 6 at night any way I need to make a base plat a bit like a angel bracket to put the two together right sum pics   

DavidA:
Hey, I have exactly the same parts. The Emco is bolted to the bed of my Denford Synchro and the x,y table is still in the box, unused since the day I bought it about five years ago.

I was considering doing what you have done, but never got around to it as it seemed a lot of work as I could just use the lathe cross slide. However tonight I was looking at the lathe set up and thinking that the traverses were rather limited.

Now I need to do the same as you.

Dave.

micktoon:
Hi Bob , looks good so far , looking forward to seeing the project progress , cheers Mick

inthesticks:
Very nice start KRV3000. Its to bad that pond is so wide and expensive to ship across, have a 20 X20 X 1" alloy aluminum plate in the shop just waiting for a project.

Cheers
CB

krv3000:
hi all thanks for the comments thanks al so for the offer of sum plate but that's one thing I have a good supply of I work as a tool maker and thick plat is never a problem any way got to work this morning and had a good rut at watt was lying a bawt got an old  base plat 30mm thick so cut it in to lumps and set one of the apprentices to start and mill them to shape yes I no its cheating but it learns them haw to clock big lumps up any way tonight first mod  the handles on the X and Y was to say the least shocking m8 hole but the shaft of the screw went from 7.6mm to 6 mm and the hed's was no beter   so mad new ones up the next thing on the list is to fit locking handles to the X and Y tables and on the mane column right pics     

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version