Author Topic: Doncaster show (UK)  (Read 7050 times)

Offline howsitwork?

Doncaster show (UK)
« on: May 07, 2016, 03:35:35 PM »
Only2 weeks to go before major shopping, sorry saving opportunity at Doncaster. There all weekend, I know John S is going with his pet moon landers - anyone else coming? :med:

From previous visits- TAKE FOOD as on site was inedible last time.

Offline mexican jon

Re: Doncaster show (UK)
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 04:40:00 PM »
Would love to be there  :scratch: But will be at Pendine sands racing  :bugeye: Well actually pit crew for my race partner  :thumbup: I don't get home in time to get my bike ready  :( :(
People say you only live once ! I say thank F@*K can't afford to do it twice.

Offline BaronJ

• Grumpy Old Git !
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 11:28:45 AM »
Only2 weeks to go before major shopping, sorry saving opportunity at Doncaster. There all weekend, I know John S is going with his pet moon landers - anyone else coming? :med:

From previous visits- TAKE FOOD as on site was inedible last time.

Yes I agree, the food was awful at Harrogate.  I believe that Doncaster has its own restaurant so that is a plus.
Best Regards:
                     Baron

Offline howsitwork?

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 02:33:00 PM »
wasn't plus point when  I last went to Donc unless you can live on rabbit food even the grass looked preferable to the salad.

Still we suffer for our dedication ( or that's what I tell SWMBO ) :hammer:

Offline BaronJ

• Grumpy Old Git !
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 10:57:24 AM »
wasn't plus point when  I last went to Donc unless you can live on rabbit food even the grass looked preferable to the salad.

I've not been to the race course at Doncaster, so I will have to see what the food is like when I get there.
But I will be taking a picnic anyway, particularly if the weather is nice.
Best Regards:
                     Baron

Offline howsitwork?

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2016, 02:19:55 PM »
well weather today was good, Doncaster was good :thumbup: (apart form lack of directions to car parking!).

Mr Stevenson was in fine form and grinding away merrily.May have tio reconsider my comments on the food as the restaurant's upstairs looked quite good. Coffee was 2.60 a go but quite drinkable. Overall a good day and a few "investments for my future happiness" were made.

Apparently the Whitby fish restaurant, directly across from the race course comes highly recommended, not tried as yet.

worth the trip IMHO. Wel ldone Lou Rex et al

Offline BaronJ

• Grumpy Old Git !
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2016, 05:45:19 AM »
I agree, weather wise it was quite a nice day.  Apparently no one told the race course people that they would need to provide car park directions, so no notices were put out.  However they did manage to get some people out there to steward the car parks.  What did surprise me was the amount of space compared to Harrogate, there was a lot more space between stands to walk around and you could stand and chat without causing a blockage.  All in all much better than Harrogate and a couple of other shows that I've been to.

As you say very well done Lou Rex and his team.

Best Regards:
                     Baron