Author Topic: DDCSV1.1 4 Axis controller  (Read 437528 times)

Offline Benedikt

Re: DDCSV1.1 4 Axis controller
« Reply #125 on: November 14, 2016, 06:54:06 PM »
Now I like it!!!

Sended by my tapatalk
Looks nice!

So I have made a new version of the little firmware patch. Now you can have custom splash screens that are persistent.
You can still execute custom commands from an connected USB stick. This will now no longer cause any flash wear.

To install, just copy the install folder to a USB stick and reboot the CNC controller with the stick inserted.
If you want a custom splashscreen image, replace the splash.ppm inside the install folder with your desired PPM image before you install the upgrade.
After the CNC is completely powered up, power it down and delete the install folder from the USB stick.
You can change the custom splash at any time by creating a new install folder and placing the new image, called splash.ppm inside it.

Offline Merlin201314

• London
« Reply #126 on: November 14, 2016, 07:00:49 PM »
Now I like it!!!

Sended by my tapatalk
Looks nice!

So I have made a new version of the little firmware patch. Now you can have custom splash screens that are persistent.
You can still execute custom commands from an connected USB stick. This will now no longer cause any flash wear.

To install, just copy the install folder to a USB stick and reboot the CNC controller with the stick inserted.
If you want a custom splashscreen image, replace the splash.ppm inside the install folder with your desired PPM image before you install the upgrade.
After the CNC is completely powered up, power it down and delete the install folder from the USB stick.
You can change the custom splash at any time by creating a new install folder and placing the new image, called splash.ppm inside it.
Great job!! ,  this is going to become very interesting now...
So,  where the original "splash.ppm"is resident?

Sended by my tapatalk

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #127 on: November 14, 2016, 07:09:42 PM »
Now I like it!!!

Sended by my tapatalk
Looks nice!

Great job!! ,  this is going to become very interesting now...
So,  where the original "splash.ppm"is resident?

Sended by my tapatalk
Thanks

Unfortunately I have no idea where the original splash screen sits right now.
It is not anywhere in the file system. You can have a look yourself: http://data.bmuessig.eu/CNC/DDCSV11/Dumps/Files/filesystem.zip
More infos are available here: http://data.bmuessig.eu/CNC/DDCSV11/Dumps/Files/

I guess maybe it is in the bootloader or in a very early stage of the boot process.
Also I have bad news. The file system seems to be completely in RAM. Except for the two flash blocks no data is persistent across boots.
So changing the image would require changing the bootloader which is not going to be an easy task.
I doubt it uses any bootloader I know and have any experience with (not blob, nor uboot, nor adam) :(

Offline Merlin201314

• London
« Reply #128 on: November 15, 2016, 04:36:27 AM »
 :coffee: It looks like the firmware was previously used for a touchscreen, as it has the screen calibration routine,and it doesen't make sense the wifi module :scratch:
We cannot give up like that!! :med:

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #129 on: November 15, 2016, 05:07:08 AM »
:coffee: It looks like the firmware was previously used for a touchscreen, as it has the screen calibration routine,and it doesen't make sense the wifi module :scratch:
We cannot give up like that!! :med:
Indeed. I also noticed it contains mouse and keyboard drivers for usb which do work but no pointer is shown.
Ctrl alt del on usb keyboard works fine

Offline Merlin201314

• London
« Reply #130 on: November 15, 2016, 05:20:17 AM »
I opened the box!!
There's a connector which can possibly be the wifi module connector, as is a tipical TX/RX/rst etc connection diagram, so i will connect a bluetooth module and see what happen :zap:

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #131 on: November 15, 2016, 07:02:15 AM »
I opened the box!!
There's a connector which can possibly be the wifi module connector, as is a tipical TX/RX/rst etc connection diagram, so i will connect a bluetooth module and see what happen :zap:
Be careful. The port is 3.3v. However i only measured 3 volts on the uart. Maybe it is 2.8v? The oscilloscope told me a peak voltage of about 3v for tx.
Sending data does not seem to work.
The external uart is just for the mpg, but I could spawn a console there.
The bootlog can be found a few posts back.
I doubt we can get into the bootloader but i am going to try it anyways.

Offline Merlin201314

• London
« Reply #132 on: November 15, 2016, 12:25:47 PM »
 :coffee: How strange, the "G53" coordinate command is mentioned in the "english" configuration file, but in someway is hidden in the running program, as  normally is  the "safe" coordinate for the manual tool change if any for the older CnC.
Then i do not find any reference to the "Enable M-Bus I/O command" and "M-Bus I/O default status" ...... :palm:
There's a BIG mistery in this controller.
Work in progress.

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #133 on: November 15, 2016, 01:48:09 PM »
Another strange thing regards the linuxrc file.
It is just a symlink to busybox located in /bin
However i doubt deleting it would cause any harm, as I think it is just a ram file system.
Don't quote me on that though yet.
This also means, you can delete any file and it will not cause any harm a firmware upgrade can't fix.
However this also means we can't easily get rid of the original splash screen entirely.
I am starting to wonder if the default splash is located in the busybox binary.

If anybody wonders, we have got 32 MB RAM and the following CPU:
Code: [Select]
Processor : ARM926EJ-S rev 5 (v5l)
BogoMIPS : 95.64
Features : swp half thumb fastmult edsp java
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 5TEJ
CPU variant : 0x0
CPU part : 0x926
CPU revision : 5

Hardware : W55FA93
Revision : 0000
Serial : 0000000000000000

Also I found out there are drivers for a tty on the scren available.

Offline Merlin201314

• London
« Reply #134 on: November 15, 2016, 06:46:29 PM »
:coffee: How strange, the "G53" coordinate command is mentioned in the "english" configuration file, but in someway is hidden in the running program, as  normally is  the "safe" coordinate for the manual tool change if any for the older CnC.
Then i do not find any reference to the "Enable M-Bus I/O command" and "M-Bus I/O default status" ...... :palm:
Work in progress.

So, basically the tty is set up at 115.200 baud? and for what? to communicate between the cpu and who?...... :bang:

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #135 on: November 16, 2016, 03:37:22 AM »
Work in progress.

So, basically the tty is set up at 115.200 baud? and for what? to communicate between the cpu and who?...... :bang:
Communicate with you. It's a debug interface!

Offline Merlin201314

• London
« Reply #136 on: November 16, 2016, 03:43:26 AM »
 :lol:
I'm not sure he want to communicate with me......

Offline Merlin201314

• London
« Reply #137 on: November 16, 2016, 03:45:57 AM »
I am going to delete all the programs from the controller, and try to reboot, lets see if your theory is valid, if not i will have a bricked controller :(

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #138 on: November 16, 2016, 03:46:51 AM »
Neither wants it to communicate with me

Offline Merlin201314

• London
« Reply #139 on: November 16, 2016, 03:50:28 AM »
Neither wants it to communicate with me
Last night i was browsing, and i found a chinese website, they sell this controller for 10 us$ each :palm: umbelievable, i was shocked, all this work for 10 dollars.
You have to buy a minimum quantity, but never the less is 10$.

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
« Reply #140 on: November 16, 2016, 04:54:58 AM »
Details, links and maybe a group purchase?
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline Merlin201314

• London
« Reply #141 on: November 16, 2016, 05:56:10 AM »
There you go...
http://www.wdtrade.com/showroom/product/1686378/Economic_CNC_Router_Controller_DDCSV1.aspx
Don't know if they consider a small quantity, but here is the link

Offline Simon0362

« Reply #142 on: November 16, 2016, 06:35:04 AM »
There you go...
http://www.wdtrade.com/showroom/product/1686378/Economic_CNC_Router_Controller_DDCSV1.aspx
Don't know if they consider a small quantity, but here is the link

I wouldn't expect too much from them - clicking on the other items they have to offer including "robotic laser welding machine" and "semiconductor end pump laser marker" all reveal a price of................10$....... :scratch:
Simon

Offline Merlin201314

• London
« Reply #143 on: November 16, 2016, 06:42:54 AM »
 :scratch:  I had just a quick look, it was really the middle of the night when i looked, sorry, was just to help and save some money if possible.
Peronally i don't think they worth 130/180 us$, i can buy a much better 5 axis one for 750$ and it has the PLC included with tool change and other very useful functions, not mention that is working with the REAL Fanuc G-Code, so compared to this one is even cheap.
i Bought This one  just for fun, as i was courious to see if was working.

Offline Simon0362

« Reply #144 on: November 16, 2016, 09:46:49 AM »
Merlin, no need to apologise, and I didn't mean to be negative - really appreciate what you and especially Benedikt have been doing tearing open the software innards and decoding the Chinglish.

Rather hoping it might lead to further developing the DDCSV to add in a few missing 'simple' commands...

Simon

Offline Merlin201314

• London
« Reply #145 on: November 16, 2016, 10:23:56 AM »
I'm really doing nothing but just some bootscreen better than the original one, the heavy task is all on Benedikt shoulders, i wish i could help more, but i am good in 3d parametric design and graphic, nothing else :palm: .

BUT, for anything you need and i can help, here i am! :D

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #146 on: November 16, 2016, 10:43:19 AM »
Peronally i don't think they worth 130/180 us$, i can buy a much better 5 axis one for 750$
Well I am absolutely stunned for how cheap they managed to sell this controller. They are absolutely worth their price as the product quality is quite high.
However as always with Chinese products the firmware is garbage.

Thanks a lot guys for your positive feedback!
Glad our work is helping others too :)

Offline Merlin201314

• London
« Reply #147 on: November 16, 2016, 10:52:50 AM »
I was wonder if there is any combination in the keyboard to press at the startup than can boot in some programming mode? :med:

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #148 on: November 16, 2016, 10:57:25 AM »
I was wonder if there is any combination in the keyboard to press at the startup than can boot in some programming mode? :med:
If there is a way, then it is through the internal serial console or jtag. The device also always tries to boot from sd card first. I have not inspected the Mainboard too carefully, but maybe there is a header or even an unpopulated sd slot?

Also we can always try fixing the userland stuff. This would fix most problems except for the bootscreen and the axis configuration (i guess at least).

Offline Merlin201314

• London
« Reply #149 on: November 16, 2016, 10:59:58 AM »
i'll have a look now and post some pictures, in the meantime my Probe routine is not working anymore, is the 2nd time that happen, any experience in the matter?
It start probing, but it not sense the touch, the connections are good as before