Author Topic: DDCSV1.1 4 Axis controller  (Read 70111 times)

Offline blades

Re: DDCSV1.1 4 Axis controller
« Reply #650 on: July 27, 2017, 05:56:57 PM »
Just wanted to stop in and share that my controller is still rocking right along.  Super pleased with this investment.

I did want to share something strange I have had happen twice to me.  I use both the original USB stick and several other PNY brand sticks.  I removed all of the system config files from the original USB stick some time ago, but here recently I have had the control completely reboot and dump all home positions when I plug in the original stick that has nothing but .NC files on it.  I am not sure how or why, but it is happening.  I have not experienced this with the other sticks. 

My solution so far is to keep Benedikt's files on that USB at all times.  Seems to be solid again.

Anyone experience this?  Or have an explanation of what I might have done wrong?

Rob

I've also had a couple strange/unexplained resets on my controller. I stopped using the USB drive that came with it, only because I don't like the way it plugs/unplugs. Seems to require a lot more force, so I started using a SanDisk drive I had laying around.

On 2 occasions, my controller completely reset, and I lost ALL my user variables, completely reset to factory defaults. I don't remember if I happened to start it up or shut it down with the USB drive in, but now I am diligent to make sure the USB drive is not plugged in when I am starting up or shutting down. Like I said, I don't know if it's jump-drive related or not.
Bill

- No best but better

Offline russ57

« Reply #651 on: July 28, 2017, 05:20:26 AM »
m.aliexpress.com/amp/item/32820438809.html
USd 225

-russ

Offline Benedikt M.

• My website
« Reply #652 on: July 28, 2017, 01:59:52 PM »
m.aliexpress.com/amp/item/32820438809.html
USd 225
I have had a look and while it looks rather nice, I think it is not a good replacement, since it seems as if it had no FPGA and is quite a bit more expensive than the DDCSV1.1. The screen has a slightly higher vertical resolution than the one of DDCSV1.1 though.
This is certainly a device for another topic.

So, good news, thanks to all your kind donations, which I have all featured on http://pandora-cnc.eu/supporters I have ordered a replacement, 4-axis DDCSV1.1 from eBay. The eBay unit was a bit more expensive than the one on AliExpress, but it allowed me to directly pay via PayPal and I have had more suitable shipping options than on AliExpress. The unit is scheduled to arrive in mid-August.
Again thank you so much!  :mmr:

Best regards,
Benedikt

Offline blades

« Reply #653 on: July 29, 2017, 11:33:32 AM »
Excellent, I'm happy you were able to get another controller on the way!

Be careful with these "other" controllers. I purchased one of these, THINKING it was essentially the same thing as the DDCSV1.1, but a little nicer with an expanded keyboard and color display. It's not the same thing at all, it's only good for simple manual input NC programming at the controller. It has a USB drive, but lacks the OS to actually allow you to upload an NC file from a jump drive. It's a nice unit, but completely useless, and sitting in a drawer, still in the box. Such a waste of $$.

https://chinaplccenter.com/tc55v-cnc-controller.html
Bill

- No best but better

Offline Benedikt M.

• My website
« Reply #654 on: July 29, 2017, 12:04:33 PM »
Excellent, I'm happy you were able to get another controller on the way!

Be careful with these "other" controllers. I purchased one of these, THINKING it was essentially the same thing as the DDCSV1.1, but a little nicer with an expanded keyboard and color display. It's not the same thing at all, it's only good for simple manual input NC programming at the controller. It has a USB drive, but lacks the OS to actually allow you to upload an NC file from a jump drive. It's a nice unit, but completely useless, and sitting in a drawer, still in the box. Such a waste of $$.

https://chinaplccenter.com/tc55v-cnc-controller.html
Oh, that was close. I actually initially considered buying something similar to this one.
Glad, I actually settled for the DDCSV1.1 after watching a video from mikeselectricstuff about a similar controller, where he pointed out the DDCSV1.1 as an alternative.
The good thing about the DDCSV1.1 is the fact that it is based on Linux, which makes it rather modular and easier to reverse engineer and faster to make useful progress. Also it allows replacing just single components instead of having to write completely new firmware to get anything changed.

Offline Simon0362

« Reply #655 on: August 04, 2017, 04:00:47 AM »
Things move on very fast in this game.
Go to CNC workshop. cn and search for abrsnd new controller called a CW40
Supports 257M of memory, 4 axis can handle tool changes and addresses some of the downsides of the DSV

I have asked for a few PDF and will post it when I get it.
Looks to be roughly the same price.
Any updates John?

Offline Avis

« Reply #656 on: August 09, 2017, 12:23:06 PM »
Hi, I need to put reverse the external output of the "stop" button since it works me upside down . Is it parameter # 424?
Thank you.

Offline PPRINT

« Reply #657 on: August 10, 2017, 08:41:16 AM »
Hi, I need to put reverse the external output of the "stop" button since it works me upside down . Is it parameter # 424?
Thank you.
Can you help me understand the problem better.
I am understanding that the emergency stop button signal is active until you engage the button itself. Is that correct?

Rob

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

The afternoon knows what the morning never suspected.

Offline Avis

« Reply #658 on: August 10, 2017, 09:07:03 AM »
If it is correct, I have changed parameter # 424 and it has been resolved.
Thanks for your reply.
Regards

Offline Avis

« Reply #659 on: August 16, 2017, 12:51:48 PM »
On several occasions the program of the DDCSV1 panel has stopped and I have had to disconnect it to restart this one again, I do not know how to solve this problem, maybe with a ferrite filter at the input of the feed do something. Has anyone had this problem?
Thank you