Author Topic: DDCSV1.1 4 Axis controller  (Read 32503 times)

Offline AVK74

Re: DDCSV1.1 4 Axis controller
« Reply #500 on: March 18, 2017, 12:14:43 AM »
Greetings!
Will the softlimits function work normally?
This function does not work at this time. The axes do not stop at the base points. There is a run up to 5-10mm.
That is, softlimit does not work.

Offline Benedikt M.

• My website
« Reply #501 on: March 18, 2017, 08:23:19 AM »
Greetings!
Will the softlimits function work normally?
This function does not work at this time. The axes do not stop at the base points. There is a run up to 5-10mm.
That is, softlimit does not work.
Sorry, there is not much I can do (just yet?). Just be a little more conservative with the limits for now.

Offline AVK74

« Reply #502 on: March 18, 2017, 08:48:14 AM »
It would be great if you took note of this problem.
The controller is very good, but without softlimit it is very inconvenient for me to work.

Offline Joules

« Reply #503 on: March 18, 2017, 08:53:36 AM »
The soft limits do work, but as you have noted they don't have deceleration ramp as they are approached.  The solution is to set them with a tolerance.  How many times do you need to use the full capacity of the machine bed.  Keep tight control of your work, you shouldn't be running into the soft limits anyway.  Walk the machine head round the part to make sure it fits if it's going to be that close.
Just get doing and make swarf, you can decide what its going to be later.   :thumbup:

Offline AVK74

« Reply #504 on: March 18, 2017, 09:06:00 AM »
The solution is to set them with a tolerance. 
Unfortunately this is not a solution, but a crutch.
In Mach3, this function works perfectly correctly. Only the absence of this function stops me from moving to this panel.
Is no one using softlimit? It's so convenient.

Offline John Stevenson

• Nottingham, England.
« Reply #505 on: March 18, 2017, 09:12:00 AM »
Learn to keep within the correct working area. Soft limits, guard rails and centre reservations are for people with a defunct guide dog.
John Stevenson

Offline AVK74

« Reply #506 on: March 18, 2017, 09:41:50 AM »
If you do not use this function, it does not mean that it is not needed.
On a large heavy machine, one error can lead to very costly consequences and the dog with the guide as you said is very much needed.

Offline Benedikt M.

• My website
« Reply #507 on: March 18, 2017, 10:19:48 AM »
If you do not use this function, it does not mean that it is not needed.
On a large heavy machine, one error can lead to very costly consequences and the dog with the guide as you said is very much needed.
You are absolutely right. And we all agree that this feature is useful and much needed.
However right now we really need to use the workaround of defining a slightly smaller working area as what you can actually use.
If you are operating very expensive equipment and need an instant stop, try the hard limits. They worked fine for me.
He was just referring to it being good practice to make sure you never reach any limits.

Best regards,
Benedikt