Author Topic: What are these buttons on my DRO?  (Read 4477 times)

Offline Karlloss

What are these buttons on my DRO?
« on: August 08, 2016, 02:03:27 PM »
Having recently purchased a V20 Mill from Chester Hobby Store, I managed to get the time to install it this weekend. However I have a question that I am hoping someone will be able to answer (I've emailed Chester but no reply as yet).

My mill has an integrated DRO, which is really a battery powered vernier gauge mounted into the machine. On the control panel there are two buttons each with an arrow. The manual states the buttons perform a value increase or decrease. However the buttons do not seem to actually do anything, or am I doing something wrong?

Offline chipenter

Re: What are these buttons on my DRO?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 03:06:00 PM »
We have one of those at RMMES it always starts at zero iff it's turned off , and the bottom buttons are for numbers increesing or decreesing as you feed down .
Jeff

Offline Karlloss

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 03:38:21 PM »
Thanks, so if I understand this correctly, if I power up the DRO it will be at zero, then if I press one of the buttons it will either show the movement as a positive number (increase) or a negative number (decrease) depending on which button is pressed?

Offline chipenter

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 05:53:05 PM »
Yes you got it , as ours only gets used on a Wednesday we set a known distance and lock the quill then put a note on the work for next time .
Jeff

Offline John Stevenson

• In Memoriam
  • Nottingham, England.
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 07:49:29 PM »
The up arrow is north and the down arrow is south, but and I'm not sure on this in OZ the up arrow is south and the down arrow points towards Tasmania.

You switch the machine on, stab the button at least 37 times and the number in the display is a GPS reading of the nearest pub.

At least mine works this way.
John Stevenson

Offline Karlloss

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2016, 07:39:06 AM »
Mine seems to work similar, I stab the button a hundred times, nothing happens, I go for a beer!