Author Topic: More on Simon's Engine - Things to Pull!  (Read 5892 times)

Offline Pete W.

More on Simon's Engine - Things to Pull!
« on: August 18, 2016, 03:07:05 PM »
Hi there, all,

Well, my neighbour, Simon, has been busy and has built a trailer and water dandy to tow behind his engine.  (I've been helping him in a very small way.)  Some of you may remember that I posted some photos of the engine a couple of years ago.  His latest work has produced a trailer and a water dandy, generally to the same notional scale as the engine.  The trailer is slightly shorter than a traditional living van would be - this ensures that it will fit on the back of his Dodge pick-up so he can take the whole train to rallies in one journey.

Anyway, as Bob would say, photos:

and there's the train, loaded-up and ready to roll:

I'm sorry that the underside of the trailer is deep in shadow - I took the photos in bright sunlight.  I haven't been able to crop them either.  Since I 'upgraded' my Windows 7 to 64-bit my old faithful MicroSoft Photo Editor doesn't work anymore and I haven't yet got up-to-speed with 'Contrast & Brightness' in any of the 64-bit photo editing software.

If anyone wants more information on the engine and can't find the earlier thread, comment on this one and I'll try to post a resume.

P.S.: I've amended this post to delete the links to PhotoBucket and attached the photos directly.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 12:20:16 PM by Pete W. »
Best regards,

Pete W.

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, you haven't seen the latest design change-note!

Offline tom osselton

Re: More on Simon's Engine - Things to Pull!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 06:04:40 PM »
Beautiful I'd love to have something like that to go for coffee on!

Offline Joules

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 06:07:00 PM »
I like the barrel....    :beer:
Honour your mentors, and pay it forward.

Offline DavidA

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 06:23:13 AM »
Very nice job.

I was wondering about the water trailer. When full that barrel will be very heavy. Is the frame up to it ?

Dave.

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 09:43:25 AM »
It's thirsty work running a steam engine. That barrel is full of Harvey's Best Bitter for the Engineman not water for the Engine  :lol:
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline Pete W.

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 10:34:43 AM »
Very nice job.

I was wondering about the water trailer. When full that barrel will be very heavy. Is the frame up to it ?

Dave.

It's roughly half scale so each gallon of water only weighs 1¼ pounds!   :lol:   :lol:   :lol:   :nrocks:   :nrocks:   :nrocks: 

It's thirsty work running a steam engine. That barrel is full of Harvey's Best Bitter for the Engineman not water for the Engine  :lol:

It doesn't show in any of the photos but there's a plaque on the rear end of the barrel that reads 'BRANDY'!   :lol:   :lol:   :lol: 
Best regards,

Pete W.

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, you haven't seen the latest design change-note!