The Shop > Electronics & IC Programing

TouchDRO with HF Calipers

(1/3) > >>

Chuck in E. TN:
Has anyone had sucess getting cheap HF Calipers working with TouchDRO and the Arduino?

I have sucessfully read the HF calipers with my Arduino, now wanting to get it to work with TouchDRO. I found a sketch online that worked. I had to build a level shifter using 2n2222A transistors and resistors.
Yes, I could buy iGaging scales and the 'other' microprocessor, but I don't have the budget for that.

Chuck

picclock:
Hi Chuck

I looked at Yuris toys but could not figure out why you would want to connect to a display via Bluetooth.

If you already have a level shifter circuit and scales working with an Arduino board, might I suggest using a simple 20char x 4 line I2C driven LCD display connected to the Arduino which will allow you to incorporate any functions you might need.

Its one of those things I've never got round to (massive list ...), but would be interested to hear how you get on if you go this route.

Best Regards

picclock

Brass_Machine:
Hi Chuck,

I have no help on this, but would like to learn more... I have a couple of Arduinos here...

Eric

Chuck in E. TN:

--- Quote from: picclock on August 22, 2016, 05:21:12 AM ---Hi Chuck

I looked at Yuris toys but could not figure out why you would want to connect to a display via Bluetooth.

If you already have a level shifter circuit and scales working with an Arduino board, might I suggest using a simple 20char x 4 line I2C driven LCD display connected to the Arduino which will allow you to incorporate any functions you might need.

Its one of those things I've never got round to (massive list ...), but would be interested to hear how you get on if you go this route.

Best Regards

picclock

--- End quote ---

The display is an Android Tablet or phone running TouchDRO. The Arduino reads the data from the caliper, translates it into data the TouchDRO can use, and sends it to TouchDRO via a Bluetooth module.
My problem is the Android(A cheap one) will connect once and then drops connection. Trying to figure out how to fix the Bluetooth problem, or decide which 'better quality' Android to get.

Brass_Machine, if you want to try it I'll send you the sketch for the Arduino, and a pic of the setup. So far, I have only one caliper hooked up and working. Trying to fix the Bluetooth connection. I do have two more to hook up. This setup will be used on my lathe.

Chuck
Chuck

John Rudd:
Chuck,
I thought I saw some guidance on Yuri's site for resolving bt connectivity issues?
I could be wrong but mebbe worth a shot?

I loaded the sketch onto a nano, powered up a bt module, d/l'd the app and all was good.....but yeah, sometimes they lose connectivity....but mine is abit of a lash up atm( I mean that really) I'd like to make a proper pcb for it all....when I get another roundtuit....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version