Author Topic: 626 or VMC milling machine  (Read 2548 times)

Offline John Rudd

626 or VMC milling machine
« on: August 29, 2016, 04:36:47 AM »
Hands up who has one please.....
I'd appreciate your thoughts on this particular machine as I'm hoping 'er-indoors' will let me buy one...
I currently have a Chester Eagle30 and while it is a great machine, we all know the issue with round column mill machines...
eccentric millionaire financed by 'er indoors

Offline kayzed1

Re: 626 or VMC milling machine
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 03:59:08 PM »
Hi John, i have the Chester 626 with power drive and DRO x 2, so i bought a 3 way reader and kit to do the s 7 and swapped the reader over after fitting the scale to the mill. Does ever thing i need of it as a play thing, as i do not sell stuff. i do make bits for motor cycles thou..If you are passing North wales pop in for a play on it. Ow! it did blow the Caps in the motor twice, so it now has  3ph from Newton Tesler Warrington.
it is now smooth as a babies bum.  It can vibrate a little when ask too much of...i have a 80mm 4 blade fly cutter that works well, but the 30 mm
two blade cutter is not liked at all even on light cuts, so it much be the tool. I had to make a new jockey wheel and shaft for the belt drive as the factory one was not in line and incorrect height also. i have had two occasions when i needed some more height on the head. ( some body said they were going to make some spacers  :coffee:
Lyn.