The Shop > Our Shop

A Home DIY'ers Shop Tour

(1/7) > >>

inthesticks:
I uploaded a couple pics of my future foundry space earlier on my furnace thread so I figured I should complete the shop tour.
I'll start with the heated shops, first my novice little machine shop.A few years ago when the Canadian buck was worth $1.10 American, Princess Auto had a sale on imported mini lathes and mills I purchased 2 lathes and a mill for a little more than just the mini mill goes for now :) The radial drill I rebuilt from what was a scrap purchase and the mill/drill was cheap enough that the screw ups I make as I learn will not hurt as much. The 2nd last picture is my collection of Model Engineering volumes and magazines. On the shelf below is 200+ GB of books, plans and articles on disc. The last pic is an overview of my shops and property.

Cheers
CB

inthesticks:
The next set of pictures are of my main shop area which is mainly woodworking equipment. The 3rd last picture is a great Canadian built General bandsaw, when I got it at auction it had a crap table extension welded on, the frame was out of alignment, a chunk was broken out of the table corner and it had 3 phase electrics. It all rebuilt nice and is running on single phase 1 1/2 HP, I may upgrade to 3 HP for resawing. Having trouble matching the paint, May have to go with John Deer green  :bugeye: The last 2 pictures are a smaller off to the side shop I use for rougher work, I set up my molding bench there for now and the room has an exhaust fan for light welding . These 2 shops still need paint and trim to finish up.

Cheers
CB

inthesticks:
The last set of pictures are actually 3 different areas First the garage/workshop, took these pics. just after finishing the furnace so it's still a mess. Next is the firewood and material storage add-on and last is my outdoor equipment shed.
Hope you liked the walk through my shops.  :clap: My security system is a 10 gauge pump  :lol: :lol: Not really.

Cheers
CB

John Rudd:
CB,
Very nice, some great kit you have there....but its all too clean..... :lol:

SwarfnStuff:
Ah CB,
        Now I'm John Deer green envious. Both of the kit you have accumulated and the space in your various playpens.    :bang:
       Still, mustn't complain, I have my 2 X 2.5m garden shed at the back of my unit so I don't have to walk far to be unable to find what I just put down. Plus it stops me gathering too many bargains machinery wise. The other bonus is that it is only 700m odd to the supermarket, post office, coffee shops etc.   :coffee:
   Thanks for your build log and shop tour.  :clap:
John B

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version