Author Topic: A Home DIY'ers Shop Tour  (Read 19788 times)

RobWilson

Re: A Home DIY'ers Shop Tour
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2016, 04:08:54 PM »
Hi CB

Nice one  :thumbup: , good to hear you saved an old tool and gave it a new lease of life  :med: , So its a modern version of the old fly/toggle  press .

Any chance when your next in the shop could you please take a few close ups of the press , just so I can get a better look see  :)

Cheers Rob   

inthesticks

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2016, 05:43:25 PM »
Here's a closer look Rob, the C frame still needs further cleaning before the paint goes on but mechanically its done. Full stroke is 1 1/4" and retraction is adjustable from there down to 0. There is a pedal and linkage for operation to go on when it's ready to go.

Cheers CB

RobWilson

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2016, 02:14:47 PM »
Cheers for  the photos CB

It looks a handy tool to have in the shop  :dremel: , do you have a specific punching operation in mined ?  , When I get a bit better sorted I will be making a set of round punches for my  fly press .

Rob 

inthesticks

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2016, 03:25:24 PM »
I have a couple of sheet metal manual punch sets with full sets of punch dies.I intend on making an adapter to mount in the die set and accept those punch dies. I also intend on making some furniture for the die set to form small sheet metal items such as brackets.

Cheers CB

Offline krv3000

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2016, 05:50:41 PM »
lol I can cheat lol but I wont sum brill work shops Rob's is like the tardise  its bigger on the inside than the out side

inthesticks

« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2016, 02:32:13 AM »
Yes I suspect there is enough machined iron in there to take you through a good time warp and back. :bugeye:

Cheers CB