Gallery, Projects and General > Gallery

We have a runner

(1/3) > >>

mechman48:
Hi all

Am just on the point of completing my S10V; started out as what was a 'beginners engine, easy to build' ... so I thought... :scratch: but have had a few mishaps & cock ups along the way, mainly to do with measurements, sausage fingers, aging eyesight... yeh ! I know, excuses, excuses,  :( ,  anyway got it together this weekend hooked it up to my compressor with fingers x'd, & wow away it went. So far so good, so I thought will it turn over on low pressure   :scratch:, I hooked it up to a small sprayer compressor, on full pressure ... off it went  :clap:. Looking at the pressure gauge ( 30 psi ) I then turned it down to 15 psi & it was still going... down to 8 psi... still going, finally got it down to 6 psi... just ticking over...  :clap: looking good. There are a couple of tweaks to do mainly to do with valve chest jointing & valve rod mods but hey it works. One mod I did was to replace the cast valve chest cover with a Perspex cover to allow sight of the valve in operation for anyone interested enough to ask how it works, Hmmm! maybe fit a Perspex cylinder top cover later to show the piston working   :scratch:

So I shall attempt to place video in this post for your delectation, failing that a link to my You tube channel...  :ddb:

Comments / advice / suggestions welcome

George.

John Rudd:
Looks and sounds great George....

I have a 10V kit to build....one day maybe, one day.... :scratch:

Ironhorse57:
Looks and runs really well, it will probably run at even lower pressures once run in.

Dave

tom osselton:
Well done!

krv3000:
brill

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version