Author Topic: Swedish innovative policy  (Read 2415 times)

Offline DMIOM

• Isle of Man
Swedish innovative policy
« on: September 28, 2016, 03:50:28 AM »
Stumbled across this video promo - Sweden is trying to promote repair over replacement.   :thumbup:

Dave

Offline smiffy

Re: Swedish innovative policy
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 04:28:30 AM »
 About time too, I have been recycling - repairing all my life , but too much modern equipment is not made to be repaired  . Take your modern kettle, years ago you could replace the element , not possible today ,the same with toasters , and as for modern cars I have recently seen a 2009 car in the breaks with ecu faults and classed as beyond economical repair .  Mike

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 04:42:28 AM »
Does this mean that we can throw away the 'throw away society'  :ddb:

It's always gone against the grain just to chuck things out when with ingenuity they can be saved - I cite most of the threads I've started on this forum as examples.

When I was growing up after the war we 'recycled' virtually everything, not for ecological reasons  but because stuff just wasn't available to buy. My mother bless her, used to unravel knitted jumpers and re-knit the wool to keep me and my brothers dressed. Sheets were 'sides to middles' and shirts had collars and cuffs turned. Certainly not a scrap of food was ever wasted, and toys were whittled from old furniture. The Greens think they invented recycling but they certainly didn't  :bugeye:
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline Manxmodder

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 06:09:55 AM »
Stumbled across this video promo - Sweden is trying to promote repair over replacement.   :thumbup:

Dave

Dave,Thanks for posting that,it's a very interesting and a highly commendable policy from the Swedes.

With us being an off shore island that imports almost all of our consumer goods and then exports all of it as scrap I think it's really relevant to us, so I have just copied some internet links on the subject to a couple of our newly elected Isle of Man  Parliamentary Representatives(MHK's).  ......OZ
Helixes aren't always downward spirals,sometimes they're screwed up