Gallery, Projects and General > Member Videos

Short sprues and air vents on sand molds

(1/2) > >>

ironman:
Hi everyone.

When I pour cast iron I use very short sprues and risers also no vents on my sand molds. So I melted some aluminium which is so much lighter than cast iron and see if the mold will still fill up using the same method as cast iron. Have a look at the video to see what happens.   

Will_D:
Fair doos Ironman, You showed us how to do it. Now lets wait for the armchair critics to respond*!

*Ah so this is MadModder we don't have ACC's

micktoon:
Hi Iron Man,  another good video and interesting about the vents, the proof of the pudding is in the eating as they say and you did the test and it worked, very interesting , thanks for posting it.
  Cheers Mick

ironman:
Will_D Yes every forum has their fair share of armchair critics, it is always easier to criticize than to get of that armchair and do it.

PekkaNF:
Nice one. Very well demonstrated.

Proof of pudding etc. Of course there are philosphos who never get around of doing anything and men who have done something only one way last 30 years. The group of people that annoys me most are the ones that know too much and have too little practical experience. Often they will get nothing done, because see only challenges.

This bunch here sees learning/teaching  opportunities and are willing to share. Good work.

Pekka

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version