Author Topic: Where did I put that silver solder???  (Read 10455 times)

Offline PK

Where did I put that silver solder???
« on: September 26, 2016, 08:53:22 AM »
Nah, not happy with that cupboard, lets re-drill the hole, get it spot on, then call it a day.
Bullseye!

Offline PekkaNF

Re: Where did I put that silver solder???
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 09:02:22 AM »
Clakking bell!

Couldn't hit it better even if you aimed. That is a skill. Or calling.

Probably better shut up, because there is no way anybody can make you feel better.

Pekka

Offline PK

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 09:35:55 AM »
As we say in my country... "It's all in the wrist!".

I briefly tried "Hey honey, I've added a water feature to the new kitchen!" The only problem was, she was standing under it at the time.......

RobWilson

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 01:08:44 PM »
Cracking shot  :thumbup: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Pete49

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 11:55:05 PM »
My father did that but with a nail when building this house. We ended up with it after he passed and sure enough we had a leak in the laundry and once the panel was removed there it was, nail had corroded and because the pressure valve (anti hammer device) died it rattled and broke away the corrosion. It was Wallaby Ted's mate Roo Ted that made me pay out.
Pete
oops..........oh no.........blast now I need to redo it

Offline SwarfnStuff

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2016, 02:07:54 AM »
Ah well PK, at least you only got wet, or rather "Honey" got wet. Would not be the first had you hit the 240V power supply  :zap:. 'tis a risky business at times working on the house.
   Easy to say now that you could have used a stud / pipe / power line finder first. I have one but it's out there in the shed so I don't always use it. I do though, if I suspect something might be lurking behind the wall.
John B
Converting good metal into swarf sometimes ending up with something useful. ;-)

Offline PK

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2016, 04:05:43 AM »
   Easy to say now that you could have used a stud / pipe / power line finder first. I have one but it's out there in the shed so I don't always use it. I do though, if I suspect something might be lurking behind the wall.
John B

Oh it's much worse than that! The cornice is missing at that point and you can actually see the pipe running into the top of the wall.... :doh:

Offline Joules

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2016, 06:20:44 AM »
 :lol:

so your peripheral vision drew you directly to that pipe.....   Well done    :clap:

Once the cupboard is back up, you might as well put a tap in it now.
Honour your mentors, and pay it forward.

Offline johnbaz

• My Flickr
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2016, 09:08:56 PM »
I did the same at my sons new house, His girfriend asked me to screw down a couple of floorboards in the spare bedroom, I duly obliged, I put one screw in then it struck me, 'Why were the boards taken up??
I removed the screw I'd gone straight through a 22mm copper pipe that feeds to the radiator, Luckily the system had been emptied as builders were in, Plastering and then decorating, I had to buy a length of 22mm pipe and a couple of straight through Yorkshire joints, Couldn't find my flux so had to buy some, Almost fainted at the price, A tenner for a very small tub  :bang: I got home then instantly found my large tin of copaline, I took the new tub back for a refund as i'd not opened it!!

The punctured pipe was made good and all's fine now they're in the house!!

John  :beer:

Offline Biggles

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2016, 03:56:34 AM »
You need to change PK to water diviner!  :med:

Offline PK

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2016, 04:27:24 AM »
:-) This one was in the wall, so "Rainmaker" might be more appropriate...... :Doh:

Offline krv3000

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2017, 03:25:03 PM »
lol just court up to this one my friend did the same thing  his fix was drill it a bit bigger and put a pop rivet in lol he forgot that pop rivets have holes in them  :doh:   

Offline appletree

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2017, 04:06:52 PM »
Not quite the same, but a horrific similarity, our one time apprentice moved elsewhere in the company. The wife of his boss was watching from the other side of a piece of MDF to see the drill come through, well she did, straight into her eye, blinded her. Horrific.

Phil