The Shop > CNC

Recommend a Jog Pendant for MACH3 please

(1/3) > >>

awemawson:
I'm looking to source a robust Jog Pendant for MACH3 - anyone know of any good ones on the market ?

I just need +/- X ,+/- Y , and +/- Z to replicate the keys on the keyboard.

Wireless preferably, or USB

PK:
We have had two pendants. The first was one of these: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CNC-Mach3-Wireless-MPG-Pendant-Electronic-Handwheel-Handwheel-Remote-Controller-/252472100963?hash=item3ac8828863:g:0okAAOSwhMFXkyCg

And it was deadly! Every now and then the spindle would just start!!!!!  Wireless range was terrible. The jog wheel was exactly like pressing the arrow keys on the keyboard (hard to explain why this is bad to someone who hasn't used a good MPG).

Now we have one of these:http://www.vistacnc.com/b08_pendant_P2/pendant_p2-S.htm
and it's fantastic. The MPG gives really good control and you can set up and start the whole job from anywhere around the machine.

For a larger machine, consider getting the E-Stop relay adapter that gives you a set of contacts in your control cabinet that can kill power to drives etc....

PK

raynerd:
Andrew, sorry if I'm way off the mark as you are way more clued up about this stuff than me, but is an Xbox controller no use. I use one and I am sure PhilF uses one as well. Just a thought.

philf:

--- Quote from: raynerd on October 10, 2016, 06:42:09 PM ---Andrew, sorry if I'm way off the mark as you are way more clued up about this stuff than me, but is an Xbox controller no use. I use one and I am sure PhilF uses one as well. Just a thought.

--- End quote ---

I do use an Xbox controller with no problems. I've got mine configured with X, Y, Z & A as well as Start, EStop, Auto Z height, Spindle On/Off. Beware non-genuine controllers. My first one looked the part but would give random movements after a few months use. I've had no problems at all with my genuine Microsoft controller.

I also use another device for very fine movements e.g. when using a wobbler to find a datum. It's a video editing device and has a wheel which replicates a dial on a machine except that you can change the resolution for fast or fine movements. Mine is a Contour Shuttle XPress.

Mach3 provide a plug-in for both.

Both mine are USB. I didn't like the idea of wireless as it's best to have as little as possible other than Mach3 running on the PC.

Cheers.

Phil.

awemawson:
Thanks for the suggestions chaps. Never actually seen an X-Box in real life - are they workshop-robust? Do they emulate a keyboard or how do they integrate?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version