Author Topic: Winter project  (Read 8528 times)

Offline Scuba1

Winter project
« on: November 03, 2016, 09:18:51 AM »
 :pros:
This boat sunk during the hurricane Mathew and the coast guard asked us if we could re float it as it was leaking fuel and oil into the water. So we organized some lift bags and other gear and hopped in and 10 hours later had her tied up in a slip in the marina. As she had been sitting on her shafts and props, the stuffing boxes where leaking a lot and she wanted to sink again as none of the on board pumps or any other electrical systems worked, we decided to tow her to a ramp, haul her out and put her on blocks. The owner does not want her back, so we now have a project boat.
Going to rip everything out and change the engines from the crusaders that are in there to Cummins diesels. Then turn her into a work / fishing boat for charter trips. Should be ready by next season.

ATB

Michael

Offline John Rudd

Re: Winter project
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 10:42:05 AM »
Nice looking boat you got there... :thumbup:
And plenty of work to keep you busy by the sound of things.....I could come and help.... :lol:

Where about in the States are you? The bridge in the background looks familiar....but then there's probably lots of bridges thst look like that....? :clap:

Hope you post some pictures of rhe rebirth.....please....
eccentric millionaire financed by 'er indoors

Offline Scuba1

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 11:02:00 AM »
I am on Hilton Head Island in South Carolina. The bridge is the one that goes to the mainland 278

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 11:46:30 AM »
Presumably it was subject of an insurance claim, so presumably (again) the owner is the insurance company ?
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline Scuba1

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 08:06:20 PM »
They wrote her off and don't want her. But they have to foot the bill for us lifting and hauling her out because she was leaking oil and fuel into the water around her.

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2016, 09:23:44 PM »
I like boat builds... keep us in the loop!
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.