Author Topic: Prompted By Howsitwork Ian  (Read 634 times)

Offline Ginger Nut

Prompted By Howsitwork Ian
« on: November 11, 2016, 12:33:37 AM »
Thanks to Ian aka howsitwork for the pm.

No Ian not completley under the  :whip: just flat out with a major wood project a request by LOML although I new we needed one. This is an out door setting for us, family and visitors 2mLx 900W x750H for the table all Murbau still in progress about 1/2 way. Bench seat completed 1900Lx450Hx370W

Along with still sorting out the house and workshop in our new digs in SE-QLD tahst South East Queensland. Its hard going from a single garage to a double and the jobs seem to grow in size and requests LOL.

The story of the project https://woolnwood.wordpress.com/2016/10/23/out-door-setting-plus/

Finished Bench and beginning of table

Offline howsitwork?

Re: Prompted By Howsitwork Ian
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 05:08:16 PM »
Good to see you back on the forum. I stand by what I said about SWMBO cracking the whip. :bow:

Nice work mate. Just need to make a hang on side table for the bench end to accommodate a tinny or two ?

By the way if you're looking for sympathy - wait until you get  to go from a double garage down to a single, then you'll wince! :smart:

Ian

Offline RobWilson

• Jack of all,master of nowt!
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 06:04:51 PM »
Looking mighty fine  Ging    :clap: :clap: :clap: 

Rob

Offline Ginger Nut

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 01:42:37 AM »
Thanks Ian well ok BUT with mate who came up from Sydney he's helped by fitting a laundry shelf (damn if I could reach), then heped cut the last of the table parts now just sanding apply finish and assemble. Maybe next week it'll be finished.  :D

Offline Ginger Nut

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 01:43:49 AM »
Looking mighty fine  Ging    :clap: :clap: :clap: 

Rob

Thanks Rob lets hope it stays looking that way over the years.

Offline Ginger Nut

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2016, 07:40:58 PM »
Merry Christmas one and all.

As at 5pm last night Christmas Eve down under its done the outdoor table completed.  :Doh: Sort of a combined present for Sue & I for the new home along with the bench.
Son & grand kids arriving up from Sydney 5th Jan.

Sorry bout crap photo I was aching shacking and tired when taking it.

rebate router to 10mm for tiles to sit in hot dishes pans etc can now be placed direct to table. Just under 2m long just under 950 wide and 800 high. All Merbau.

Offline SwarfnStuff

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2016, 12:20:36 AM »
Merry Christmas Ginger.
      Well, as you realize Christmas is all done and dusted here down under. Only 365 days till the next'n.  :lol:
  Merbau eh? That will be one heavy and solid top and you can dance on it with gay abandon, specially if you have used, (as I do cos I have some left over), a flooring grade varnish.
  How do I know Merbau is heavy you may ask? Well, I made a model Murray river paddle steamer (My avatar) from Merbau and Tasmanian Oak. Heavy as, but the timber was off cuts from helping my son do his pool deck = free, I like free. Oh, and many of the real ones were of RedGum, also a heavy timber. So sort of fits.
Good job, enjoy the table and what ever food is place upon it.  :med:
John B
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 11:06:03 PM by SwarfnStuff »
Converting good metal into swarf sometimes ending up with something useful. ;-)

Offline PekkaNF

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2016, 04:46:04 AM »
That looks really nice. Wood can be sometimes very comforting to work with and sometimes it is a character building experience.

Pekka