Author Topic: Glass mosaic tiles in swimming pool  (Read 9179 times)

Offline gsg

Glass mosaic tiles in swimming pool
« on: December 01, 2016, 05:35:18 AM »
Hi! I have a swimming pool with plastic liner and decided to replace it with handmade mosaic tiles. The issue is that i don`t know is it safe to install glass ones - they can hurt a leg and crack because of something idk. Also, what grout must i use? Is there any pool owners at all?

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
Re: Glass mosaic tiles in swimming pool
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 06:05:45 AM »
Hello Gsg, welcome to the forum. Perhaps you'd like to post an introductory thread in the introductions section to tell us a bit about you and your activities.

Can't help you with your pool enquiry I'm afraid - pools aren't very common over here as outdoors there are probably only 20 days a year when you can use them !
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline gsg

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 08:28:14 AM »
Hello Gsg, welcome to the forum. Perhaps you'd like to post an introductory thread in the introductions section to tell us a bit about you and your activities.

Can't help you with your pool enquiry I'm afraid - pools aren't very common over here as outdoors there are probably only 20 days a year when you can use them !

I`m from USA, happened to find your forum when looking for grout. Example of handmade mosaic i`m planning to install. Maybe someone suggests me grout, it would be great.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 06:51:09 AM by gsg »

Offline Manxmodder

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 02:52:57 PM »
I reckon we'd be really interested to see some more on how you made your mosaic tiles.

On the subject of grout I'd guess it'll need to be an epoxy based grout for swimming pool and permanent immersion. I have used the stuff a couple of times in commercial kitchens,and it sure is tough stuff.

Mapei recommendations for swimming pools can be seen in the linked PDF below.
http://www.mapei.com/public/IT/linedocument/QT_Imperm_Piscine_GB04-2014_Low.pdf

OZ.
Helixes aren't always downward spirals,sometimes they're screwed up