Gallery, Projects and General > The Design Shop

Tool and Cutter grinder

(1/3) > >>

BillTodd:
The work's Byjet 3015 water-jet has been busy cutting half metre diameter rings for an oil support company and I , being always aware of such things, have been keeping my eye on the ever growing pile of too-good-to-scrap but to-small-to use of HE30 discs.

So, having watched Dan Gelbart's excellent you tube videos , I been scribbling a T&C design using as much of the IKEA flat pack technology as i can.

Lots of work still to do of course but, I thought you'd be interested (particularly if there was a kit perhaps) :)

John Rudd:
Looks good so far Bill..... :thumbup:

Looking forward to seeing the finished machine in action.... :dremel:

ieezitin:
I for one will be glued to the build, I am in dire need of one myself.... good luck Bill

PekkaNF:
That looks very good and functional design.

Those linear stages looks intriguing. How does it holds dow? With T's? Lock?

You are using linear stage to grind instead of swing over the round bar like on quorn.

Pekka

BillTodd:
The design is is based on the Deckel S0 single lip t&c. The grinding is mostly done by swinging the head around the bar at the bottom, this moves the tool face on a circular plane flat across the edge of the wheel.

To grind radii the bar can be fixed and the tool swivelled around the top most joint . The little cross slides are for adjusting the radius and offset from centre.

The cross slide design will have to be prototyped , i was trying to minimise precision parts, making the water jet do as much work as possible

The Byjet is an impressive machine (positional accuracy is 0.025mm i believe) and will cut to better than 0.25mm (the previous operator, RW "the fifth beach boy", cut me a stainless steel part with a 5mm curved guideway slot that was better than 100um with an almost ground surface finish on the edges), it will cut up to 100mm steel yet it can engrave a 1.2mm thick aluminium plate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version