Gallery, Projects and General > Gallery

Mission Creep

(1/4) > >>

Spurry:
Reading through Andrew M's plasma posts mentioning Mission Creep reminded me of how my system started.
I had a few boxes for bits and pieces, and at that time could not remember which bits were in which boxes.  :doh:
The only way forward (for me) was to create a PC based Excel file of their contents. That's where it began.
I now have a few more boxes, a few of which merit more than the normal one line entry. Those items now number 1751 lines.
The walls are allocated a colour to keep the numbering managable. Larger items and tools are kept in modular units sitting on the floor along the same walls, but the colours are reversed. i.e wall units black on yellow, floor units yellow on black.
I then got to thinking who is going to sort out this lot if i am unable to do so.
The database expanded to list all the items in the floor units, date purchased, cost and so on.
The total lines are presently at 5209.
Pete

awemawson:
O M G  :bugeye:

RobWilson:
 :jaw: Now that's serious organization Pete ,  :clap: :clap: :clap:

Rob.

PS, canny calendar  :thumbup:

howsitwork?:
Very Neat

Like the helicopters, trying to learn to fly mine ! Electric I assume- far more controllable than IC ! :clap:

Spurry:
Thanks for the comments.
The calendar was a Christmas present.  :clap:
The three helis on the bench are 2 x 91 engined ones and a 50. I don't think an electric is easier/more difficult than IC. I think IC is safer by way of hearing if the engine is running, whereas with electric you *never* quite know if it will burst into life as you cannot see electricery. Hence the need to be meticulous with battery connection. All of mine have gyros but not a self-righting system.

On a more serious note, have you made any preparations for those who have to follow, and sort out your workshops? Not trying to be morbid, just realistic.

Pete

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version