Gallery, Projects and General > Project Logs

Titivating a Warco Mechanical hacksaw!

(1/10) > >>

mattinker:
Between Christmas and the new year, my son, my two grandsons and I made a visit to Andrew Mawson, this was the third annual visit for my son and I. It's fun to visit other madmodders, put a face to a name and see some of the things that have been the subject of forum threads! All three generations enjoyed themselves and I was followed home by the thirty five year old Warco mechanical hacksaw Andrew had offered it to me last year, but I was on my motorbike, so getting it back across the channel would have been a little tricky!. The aforementioned saw had spent the last seven years outside. I finally was able to get it out of the van and into my workshop. The light failed me so I wasn't able to get many photos. Nothing was seized, and the drive belt wasn't even cracked, amazing! It looks as though the original threads on this thirty five year old Taiwanese knock off are Unified, Andrew said that he had bought it from a blacksmith when it was about ten years old, so that might have been when it picked up the Whitworth replacements for the UNC bolts!  I'm not going to restore it, just make it work. I found a switch for $6 from Hongkong and ten replacement blades on eBay for 25€, so far, I can't see anything else apart from the plug and the oil to replace!

I see that the pics are too big, I'll get it right on the next ones!

krv3000:
brill

awemawson:
Glad that you got it safely home Matthew  :thumbup:

I will be extremely pleased to see it back in commission - that saw did masses of work for me back in my last workshop and was only not put in service as I'd just got my Pedrazoli before I moved.

Keep us posted on progress

charadam:
Andrew,

Do you have similar door prizes for every visitor?

I can turn up one weekend in three!

Happy New Year,

Charles

awemawson:
Over many years of playing in the workshop, and EBay membership since 2001 I've accumulated rather a lot of 'stuff' ranging from useful bits as material, to things that will be future projects.

I can't take it with me when I pop my clogs  :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version