Home Base > Introductions

A Geordie in Lincolnshire

(1/7) > >>

Bicycle Repair Man:
Good evening ladies and gentlemen,

I assume there are some ladies and at least some gentlemen in this parish !
I am a Geordie living in sunny Lincolnshire. I spend most of my time building custom bicycle frames for the discerning enthusiast, despite trying to retire. People just keep turning up and enticing me with fistfuls of universal shopping vouchers and t'would be churlish to refuse to take it :D. When not making, repairing or painting bike frames I make knives and sticks (the walking variety) help with training our 5 gundogs and indulge my passion for blasting clay out of the air (with limited success  :doh:) I have a rather nice workshop here on our smallholding wherein resides a Colchester Master 2500, a Bridgeport mill, a Super 7, a Kerry Super 8 drill, an Eagle surface grinder, an ancient power hacksaw, and various woodworking machines. I also have a Lincoln tig welder, oxy acetylene gear and a paint shop with a spray booth and stoving oven. My justification for all this kit is that I earn a living by using it but I love playing with it all.
Pictures will follow a) if anybody is interested and b) if I can work out how to, technology having outstripped my limited knowledge of computerise.
You all seem to be a bit mad so I should fit in reasonably well, unlike some of the more serious forums !!

Cheers

Dave Yates

philf:
Dave,

Welcome.

Pictures are always welcome.

There's a guide to posting pictures here:

http://madmodder.net/index.php/topic,607.0.html

This method requires you to host the files online e.g. Photobucket

The alternative is to just attach picture files in .jpg format.

It's best to post photos at a 640 x 480 resolution (or 800 x 600 max) otherwise viewers have to scroll to see the photos and will soon get fed up.

There's also a topic on resizing photos:

http://madmodder.net/index.php/topic,4735.0.html

I once had a go at frame building but chickened out at the silver soldering stage and got a professional frame builder (Neil Shankland if you know him) to finish it for me. I still have a set of 531 tubes in the cellar.

Cheers.

Phil.

DMIOM:
hi Dave,

I'm sure you'll fit in well here, especially with a name like that!  :beer:

Dave (Isle of Man)

awemawson:
Hi Dave, let me add my welcome to the other voices  :beer:

Sounds like a nice set up that you have there - I look forward to seeing pictures of your equipment and projects when the time comes.

As Phil says 640 x 480 is a good size compromise between vastness and detail, and if you upload them to the forum they will be there as long as the forum survives, whereas if hosted elsewhere threads tend to become meaningless as the pictures disappear as links become obsolete.

krv3000:
hi and welcome

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version