Gallery, Projects and General > Gallery

Cutting oil dispenser

(1/9) > >>

Joules:
Been meaning to make one of these for ages, can't really use the workshop as floor paint is drying so mostly made this in the front room whilst other half out at work.  :D

Components being, dogs tuna tin from last night, 22-15mm copper fitting with a wrap of 2mm copper wire to fillet the joint.  Not very fancy, but killed an hour on a slow day.

awemawson:
Nice one Joules but why didn't you 3D print one  :lol:

Mine is a child's unspillable paint pot, with a rare earth magnet tossed in the bottom to stop it being knocked off the lathe so easily  :ddb:

John Rudd:

--- Quote from: awemawson on March 08, 2017, 11:16:18 AM ---

Mine is a child's unspillable paint pot, with a rare earth magnet tossed in the bottom to stop it being knocked off the lathe so easily  :ddb:

--- End quote ---

You just have to go one better dont ya? !........ :lol:

Picture?  :worthless:

AdeV:
dogs tuna - is that tuna made from dogs? Or dog-flavoured Tuna?  :lol:

More to the point, how did you get the lid back on without any form of damage???

Joules:
Magican opener leaves a really clean edge.  I was able to flare this outwards with smooth pliers.  Now the lids cut edge sits inside the can.  Needle file to rough the edge and take off any coatings.  Flux and tin the edge with flux cored solder.  The metal is so thin you don't need a big iron.  Prep the lid, needed a bit more heat to solder the copper fitting.  Tin the lid inner edge, now press fit and using the soldering iron slowly melt the solder at the tin/ lid joint all round.   Add a little solder if needed to get a continuos seem.  Clean up and cool down, now blow into the copper fitting and see if the can leaks.  If it's sealed your all done, add oil and pour out excess from can back into bottle.

3D printed version is good for straining particles out of the oil. LOL

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version