Gallery, Projects and General > Project Logs

Stuart S50 stationary engine.

(1/6) > >>

mechman48:
Hi all
Started on my S50 engine past couple of weeks; looks to be more interesting than the 'Progress' I have just completed. Started off fettling the base, flywheel & other sundry bits, amazing the amount of sand that comes out of the cylinder ports, mind you this kit is one of 3 that I'd got for my birthday some 4 years ago so they weren't the best of castings, did speak to Stuarts rep at Doncaster last year & he commented that they've changed casting supplier who now produce better quality castings.

pic 1... Major components...

pic 2...fettled base

pic 3... machining base...

pic 4... Drill & tap base...

pics 5/6/7/8/... set up & machining cylinder flange/ bore...

John Rudd:
George, looking good so far, up to your usual build standard... :dremel:

Is that a saddle stop I see in the last picture on your WM250? Got any plans? ( assuming it will fit my SPG clone)

mechman48:
Hi John
Did have a simple dwg at one time, whether I've still got it is another question... will have a look on my files & see if I kept it otherwise it would be a quick hand drawn sketch... I'm not conversant with AutoCAD etc, have just downloaded 'Sketch Up' to have a go   :scratch:

krv3000:
oooo brill

mechman48:

--- Quote from: John Rudd on March 15, 2017, 08:08:21 AM ---George, looking good so far, up to your usual build standard... :dremel:

Is that a saddle stop I see in the last picture on your WM250? Got any plans? ( assuming it will fit my SPG clone)

--- End quote ---

Have been out to garage & done a sketch for you... the old fashioned way... & if it's of any use to others ... feel free to use it.

Also close up pic...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version