Author Topic: Hello from Michigan  (Read 205 times)

Offline JayMcClellan

• BrainRight
Hello from Michigan
« on: March 16, 2017, 05:07:21 PM »
I found this forum while searching for info on the DDCSV1.1 CNC controller panel that I recently bought for my shop. I'll make a new post about that shortly, with details of what I built. I use a CNC router to help build guitars, among other things, and I recently bought a benchtop milling machine (PM-25MV) that I plan to convert to CNC eventually. I also like to build quadcopters, amateur radio antennas, and various electronic stuff. I just enjoy the process of making things, and of course acquiring new tools!

Regards,
Jay McClellan

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
Re: Hello from Michigan
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 05:12:33 PM »
Hi Jay,

Welcome to the collective :borg:

Show us some of your stuff... into quadcopters (acquiring parts now). Would like to see some on the guitars too...

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline John Rudd

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 05:38:28 PM »
Hi from me too Jay... :wave:
I have an interest in electronic stuff, fly r/c planes and have a few guitars, Fender Telecaster, Squire Strat ( but has all Fender gear on it) a Squire PB, and an Ibanez GX 270, with Peavey/ Vox amps..
Above all I like making stuff....
eccentric millionaire financed by 'er indoors

Offline rogprov

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 05:54:54 PM »
Hi Jay, I'm new here myself and haven't posted much as yet - but learnt quite a bit by avidly reading the postings. Amateur Radio is one of my things too (g0rgj). :)

Roger

Offline krv3000

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 06:20:12 PM »
hi and welcome

Offline JayMcClellan

• BrainRight
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 11:30:07 PM »
Thanks all, I don't have any pics of the first quadcopter I built but I do have a somewhat humorous video from its last flight:

Helpful hint: the waterproof enclosure for a GoPro camera is also pretty good at protecting it from tree branches!

You can see some photos of the first guitars I made, plus a one-of-a-kind ukulele, on my website at: http://www.BrainRight.com/Projects/Luthiery/.

Offline Biggles

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2017, 01:51:03 PM »
Hi and welcome Jay, there are a few here with interests in flying machines and electronics.  :wave: