The Shop > CNC

Modular CNC controller with DDCSV1.1 panel

(1/3) > >>

JayMcClellan:
I've been following the great thread on the DDCSV1.1 controller at http://madmodder.net/index.php/topic,11598.0.html, and since that thread is mostly software-focused I'm posting this as a separate topic. I recently completed a modular CNC controller with the DDCSV1.1 built into a pendant-style interface, with a standard connector that will connect to different power modules in order to run different kinds of machines in my shop. Here's a video I made of it:

I also posted more construction details on my web site at http://www.BrainRight.com/Projects/CNCController/, along with the post-processor that I wrote for Fusion 360 to generate G-code that works on the DDCSV1.1 as well as the original CNC Shark controller.

tom osselton:
Nice job on the controler! The electrical stuff is greek to me but I have been gathering rails, ballscrews and such to make a large cnc router. I belive all that I need now is the frame.

librarymark:
Gees, Jay - that's gorgeous! My hat is off to you!

You know, there are a number of Youtube's that feature this controller but most of them are not really all that useful. I have just now learned more from your video than most of the rest of them combined.

Got an idea for you: Your production quality is quite good. You would be doing the hobby CNC community a great service if you could cook up a start-to-finish demo/tutorial of this controller. There is a great need for it, imho.

Thanks again for some great ideas!

Mark in Dowling, MI

JayMcClellan:

--- Quote from: tom osselton on March 16, 2017, 11:59:13 PM ---Nice job on the controler! The electrical stuff is greek to me but I have been gathering rails, ballscrews and such to make a large cnc router. I belive all that I need now is the frame.

--- End quote ---
Thanks Tom, I'll look at documenting more details on the electrical stuff. It was time-consuming to wire up because there are a lot of signal connections on this panel that I wired out to my connectors, but in fact most of them aren't needed for basic operation (for example many are for limit switches which I'm not even using). I just updated my Modular CNC Controller web page with a link to the user manual for this panel. You may find that helpful to understand how it's wired up, as it has pretty good example diagrams for connecting things like stepper drivers.

JayMcClellan:

--- Quote from: librarymark on March 17, 2017, 04:51:48 PM ---Gees, Jay - that's gorgeous! My hat is off to you!
You know, there are a number of Youtube's that feature this controller but most of them are not really all that useful. I have just now learned more from your video than most of the rest of them combined.
Got an idea for you: Your production quality is quite good. You would be doing the hobby CNC community a great service if you could cook up a start-to-finish demo/tutorial of this controller. There is a great need for it, imho.
Thanks again for some great ideas!
Mark in Dowling, MI

--- End quote ---

Thanks Mark, I will be glad to make a more detailed tutorial video of the controller once I have more time on it. I have run some basic operations to test things out but because I just finished the wiring part, I haven't really spent a lot of time using the panel yet. I'm looking forward to putting it through its paces.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version