The Shop > Tools

UK source for oil felt/wool wicks?

(1/3) > >>

Symon:
Hi all

I've just recently got my hands on a lovely, heavy Archdale 18" vertical mill.

Anywho, I'm in the process of cleaning it up and I'm on to the little oil wells. I've searched all over for oil wicks and the best I can find is a supplier in the US. Great price but the shipping between our two great countries is very high.

Does anyone know of a good UK supplier? There must be somewhere...but I am hearing that oil lamp wicks will do. But this seems to contradict my readings on they need to be industry grade with the right kind of capillaries in the felt :scratch:

Checking the sale section on the forum seemed to show most prices are in £s. So using my ultra detective skills :laugh: I've deduced this is mainly a UK site?

Well, onwards...looking for a reasonably priced operators and maintenance manual

Bluechip:
Maybe ???

https://www.completeautomobilist.com/search?query=felt

Go down to Window Channel felt  :thumbup:

Dave

awemawson:
Hi Symon, welcome to the forum  :thumbup:

Would you like to pop a thread up in the Introductions section to tell us a little about yourself ?

Symon:
Thanks Bluechip. They wouldn't work but I have a few leads. Seems to be a gap in the market.

awemawson: Sounds like a plan :thumbup:

Jo:
Try your local needlework shop.

I normally use embroidery thread for my model oilers. If you need it bigger then tapestry wool is good as that is normally 100% pure wool  :thumbup: You don't want anything with man made (polyester) thread in it.

If you use felt remember it has a grain.

Jo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version