Home Base > Announcements & Issues

UK Scraping class December 2017

(1/4) > >>

Pete.:
We are organising a UK scraping class in December. Richard King is holding two classes in Germany immediately beforehand and will take this third class before returning home. The date is yet to be fixed but it will begin in the week starting on the 11th of December 2017.

The class will be hosted at the workshops of Andrew Mawson in Sedlescombe which is just outside Hastings, East Sussex. We'll have nice facilities and good parking/access plus there's plenty of local accommodation.

The course will either be 3 day or 5 day depending on up-take. The 3-day course teaches hand scraping, machine scraping (Biax), and flaking in both disciplines. The following 2 days focus on machine alignment and how to apply the scraping techniques in the rebuilding process.This is the first class of it's type to be held in the UK and is invaluable for anyone who is looking to learn scraping, rebuilding or wants to understand really how to evaluate or maintain a machine tool. Richard King has taught these classes all over the world for many years and this might be a unique opportunity to take the course in the UK so don't miss out!!

We need 10 students to make the course work. I will be helping with the organising so if you are interested feel free to post right here in the thread and please email me directly at petesworkshop@virginmedia.com, I will contact you by email with the basic course details and a typical schedule and add you to the mailing list of attendees to keep you up to date with progress. More detailed information about the course will also the follow from myself or Richard by email.

I've started a similar thread on Practical Machinist which has a dedicated forum for machine reconditioning, scraping and inspection.

Pete.

mattinker:
Splendid idea, when and how much!

Regards, Matthew.

mexican jon:
Very interested  :thumbup: More details would be great

Pete.:
It'll be in the week starting on the 11th of December, shoot me an email directly on the link below guys and I'll reply with course details ASAP. Just finalising some stuff then it'll be going out.

Brass_Machine:
If you were doing this in the US, I would be there...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version