The Shop > CNC

CNC tapping with a floating tap holder

(1/3) > >>

PK:
It's nothing really, but I finally got around to hooking reverse up to  M4 on my X3.....

Works better than it has any right to.....

awemawson:
Very handy feature isn't it  :thumbup:

Doing the machining on my Z axis for the CNC Plasma Table involved numerous threads all of which I did on the Beaver Partsmaster using floating tapping heads, but it brought it home to me how limited my range of holders, and also drill chucks was.

So I went out on a spending spree and have invested in a second Bilz floating head and a whole bunch of collets, most of which are also 'clutch limited torque' versions - they were in a filthy condition, and only yesterday I spent a few hours cleaning them up.

It also brought home the need for several mounted chucks in the 16 way carousel for different sizes of tapping size drills - so a couple of them were added to the shopping list.

It means that the Z axis has proved blooming expensive, but I've used it as an excuse to tool up the CNC Mill  :ddb:

PK:
My floating head cost $20.
:-)

Spurry:
PK
That looked a very interesting item in your mill. Unfortunately, due to age and the racket going on in the background, I could not really make out what you were saying.
Were you describing the holder or just chatting about it?
Pete

Joules:
PK, is that made or bought price.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version