The Shop > Our Shop

I Needed Some Collet Racks

(1/6) > >>

awemawson:
Recently I was looking for TG100 collets, and a kind fellow Mad Modder (thanks Dave!) put me in touch with rather a lot. Trying to sort them out in rows on a table proved impossible  :bang:

awemawson:
Now TG100 collets span 3mm to 25.5 mm in 0.25 mm increments (some makes cover 0.25 mm others cover 0.5 mm) so this means rather a lot of categories to sort them into - I need some collet racks  :clap:

Now my best current workshop friend (My CNC Plasma Table) volunteered willingly to make me some

So , the usual thing - a quick drawing in Autocad, save as a .DXF - import into Sheetcam, port over into MACH3 running the CNC Plasma and press to go button.

I laid them out with 'upstands' so four bends in the Edwards Box Pan folder and out they popped

The results were very good considering the ten minutes from concept to finished article  :ddb:

awemawson:
Now of course that hasn't actually sorted them - but at least I now have the tools to do the job  :thumbup:

:lol: Did I ever tell you - I LOVE my CNC Plasma Table  :lol:

John Rudd:

--- Quote from: awemawson on April 12, 2017, 03:37:21 PM ---Now of course that hasn't actually sorted them - but at least I now have the tools to do the job  :thumbup:

:lol: Did I ever tell you - I LOVE my CNC Plasma Table  :lol:

--- End quote ---

I love all the tools I have for doing various jobs..... :dremel:  including the thirty something electric drills I have....

Nice job Andrew....just need to sort your collets out... :Doh:

jb3cx:
Cracking job Andrew, :drool:
Peter

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version